Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • EBay / paypal question
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I bought something on eBay, (few hundred pounds), it flicked straight yo paypal, I selected the delivery address thenexpecting to select which card / bank account was footing the bill but it just said “paid”

Fair enough but that was three days ago and I can’t see that the money has gone out,

EBay says it’s paid, seller gas posted.

EBay also says paid on a credit card.

I don’t have a credit card linked to eBay?

What’s going on please?

bruneep

EBay credit account. Noticed they have been pushing it a lot when I buy things at the moment.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Either, youv’e got something for free (unlikely)
    Youv’e been ripped off (unlikely)
    You got what you paid for (likely)

orangeboy
    Free Member

Can’t help with that exact problem. But eBay/PayPal do make errors.
    FIL sells a lot on eBay and had an item show as paid and the buyer chasing him but he did not receive the money.

eBay we’re sure the buyer had paid and were also sure FIL did not have the money and could not explain where it had gone

But eBay PayPal sorted it out with both parties in the end

Just talk to them

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m sure everytime we pay for something with PayPal (which incidentally seems to be a lot) it changes the transactuon method. Sometimes it goes on the cc bill sometimes the visa bank card so comes straight out the account. It’s odd and does differ depending on where we are spending.

nickjb
    Free Member

Log into PayPal directly (PayPal.Com) and it’ll show all transactions and what method you used to pay

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Log into PayPal directly (PayPal.Com) and it’ll show all transactions and what method you used to pay

No record.
    Thinking of it, I’ve not got an email from eBay saying I bought something….blokes posted the item though.

kerley
    Free Member

Just phone up PayPal. I have always found them very helpful.

plyphon
    Free Member

You can rest assured that whatever happens they will take the money from you.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

nixie

If you have ever paid for something via paypal using a credit card (even off ebay) it seems remember your card and default to that option on checkout. Its annoying when you were expecting to use paypal balance. The choice is on the first paypal page before choosing delivery address. Has caught me out a few times.

johndoh
    Free Member

EBay credit account.

That’s what I think too – perhaps you have inadvertently bought it by creating an Ebay/PayPal ‘credit card’. If this has happened, be sure to check when you have to make payment so you don’t get shafted for their 19.99% interest rate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘EBay / paypal question’ is closed to new replies.