Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ebay package not delivered – is the PO checking for drugs?
  • globalti
    Free Member

I sold a BB on Ebay, sending it by second class mail. After eight days it still hasn’t arrived and the buyer is getting shirty so I’ve refunded him. At the same time I posted a FD that I sold and that arrived within three days. The BB is lightweight and an obviously cylindrical object wrapped in bubble wrap inside a Jiffy bag and I’m wondering if the PO is having a bit of a “thing” on bodybuilding drugs in the post and has diverted it for checking.

Any thoughts?

bearnecessities

Buyer is a chancer.

(Obviously I have zero evidence of this wild accusation) 🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

I only use signed for delivery on Ebay after being scammed (I presume) too many times.

ski
    Free Member

2nd class postal service or 2nd class buyer?

jam-bo

was it an ISIS?

no chance if it was…

globalti
    Free Member

Well it was only £7.40 so I doubt it would be worth any buyer with a good Ebay record scamming me!

maccruiskeen

After eight days it still hasn’t arrived and the buyer is getting shirty so I’ve refunded him

I think RM consider it takes 10 working days (i.e. two weeks) before somethings considered lost – not 10 days after you sent it but 10 days after it was due – so second class would be 3 working days plus 10 working days. You might have been a bit hasty refunding the buyer as theres still plenty of time of it to show up.

I doubt it would be worth any buyer with a good Ebay record scamming me!

If you have been scammed you don’t know it – so they can scam you (and others before and since) and keep their good record and carry on scamming people 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

If you took the parcel to the post office they would have put the postage on and a printed 3D scan this is scanned by the postman at the door to prove delivery, you did get a proof of postage didn’t you?

Rich

finbar
    Free Member

The Royal Fail have (I think) lost a mech I bought on the classifieds a few weeks ago. 11 working days and counted since it was posted. The seller is obviously being very good and has offered a refund, but it’s still bloody annoying for all concerned 🙁

nickjb
    Free Member

Sometimes you need to be patient with royal mail. I bought a seat post here a while back. After a few weeks it hadn’t arrived so the seller refunded. I think it arrived about 8 weeks after posting. The seller had made a small typo in the post code. Everything else was right and the region was still correct. I cancelled his refund.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well the RM may be checking for bodybuilding drugs, but it’s much more likely your parcel got mislaid somehow and will turn up this week.

Ring them up and ask if they check for drugs, I’m sure they’ll be happy to discuss and it won’t be awkward at all.

😉

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

You can claim against RM for lost parcels – standard cover for 1st and 2nd class non-recorded is up to £20, so you’re comfortably covered (assuming you have proof of posting).

I’ve had a couple of things go missing that I’ve sold in the past & I claimed & got the money back without issue (claims form from a branch or claim online).

I’ve also had a couple of very slow deliveries via Royal Mail (last one was early January this year – took about 10 days to arrive but got there in the end).

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Stuff does just go missing. Not a lot of evidence but I think odd shaped parcels are more of a problem for their automated sorting machines as well – flat envelopes, boxes much better

sas78

On the other side I bought a front disc rotor on eBay 12th Dec, still not arrived. Seller initially offered a refund by email in January but now ignoring my messages so I asked for a refund through eBay.

Its a few quid but I am upset at the faff.

Wonder if a disc rotor could be confused with boby building drugs… 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m just amused the OP’s first thought was ‘diversion due to bodybuilding drugs’.

wwaswas

Wonder if a disc rotor could be confused with boby building drugs…

“Lads, the x-ray machine’s showing another of those Ninja throwing disk things. They’re illegal, best bin it”

antigee

I’m wondering if the PO is having a bit of a “thing” on bodybuilding drugs in the post and has diverted it for checking.

Any thoughts?

Made me think if you were getting your purchases confused with your sales….trust all gets sorted and can get back down the gym

docgeoffyjones

When people have said an item is lost I ask them to raise a claim through eBay so I can reclaim my fees. A lot of the time they don’t bother which makes me think they might have been trying it on if they do then raise a claim I am covered by proof of postage. still a lot of faff though

scotroutes

Jamie – Member
    I’m just amused the OP’s first thought was ‘diversion due to bodybuilding drugs’.

I’m guessing there’s been something in the Daily Mail about a fitness drugs scandal

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ebay package not delivered – is the PO checking for drugs?’ is closed to new replies.