Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Ebay – Morals – What would you do?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

I recently bought Micheal Mccintyre’s stand up dvd off ebay, described as being brand new. Postage was quick, price was good but didnt think much off it.

I opened up the case to find a printed and purple disc, a copy. I contacted the seller who has refunded me the price and postage and was very apologetic. I can see a few who have bought the same due to his feedback now.

The moral problem is whether I report him to Ebay or just let it go. I know its illegal and he obviously didnt put it in the auction that they are copies so as well as breaking the law hes also misleading customers. What would you do?

Drac

Report him he’s selling an item that is clearly not as described and also illegal.

grumm
    Free Member

Should report him really.

Offroading
    Free Member

Report his sorry ass for trying to fleece you.

Rich
    Free Member

Id personally do nothing, especially after a full refund.

But its what you do that matters, and that depends on how you stand on the moral issues?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Report it.

If you buy a fake, knowingly its your choice. Otherwise its a con, and hes obviously hoping not every buyer will want a refund!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

who has refunded me the price and postage and was very apologetic

He only did this in the vain hope that you don’t report him.

It’s theft on his part – report him

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I’d be happy you got a refund. MM is rubbish.

Snigletrack
    Free Member

It’s a pain in the arse, he’s wasted your time, factor in your disappointment, the inconvenience of packaging it back up and posting it – probably at your own expense, etc, etc, etc.

Shop the little Scrote.

Snigle
    :o(

dooge
    Free Member

cheers all, didnt want to seem like a harsh twunt, being the credit crunch an’ all! Ill do it when I get home…

dooge
    Free Member

He also did say I can keep the dvd too, so theres not much hassle or inconveniance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Report him for spreading Micheal Mccintyre material. Truly awful.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Personally I’d go on my merry way if the DVD was for my own consumption, but morally I shouldn’t. Make a choice – do you ever steal music/dvds via the internet? If not, report him. If you do, you are on shakey ground complaining.

Spongebob
    Free Member

eBay will close his account because they are jointly liable for the sale of counterfeit goods. Copying stuff and giving it to a mate is one thing, but selling copies to the public on eBay is another. Both are illegal. Shop him!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Copying stuff and giving it to a mate is one thing, but selling copies to the public on eBay is another.

Not really, both are doing the record company out of sales, it’s just one is more prolific than the other – still the same thing. What if every CD I got I copied and made available to my entire set of mates?

ziggy
    Free Member

Report it to the copyright holder, should be on the back of the DVD, they will be more than happy to send him a letter asking for lots of cash due to breach of copyright. Then Ebay.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Hand yourself in too for handling stolen good. :p

grumm
    Free Member

I don’t really think d/lding DVDs is quite the same as making a profit out of faking them and selling them as if they were genuine.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Burn the witch

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ziggy seconded.

MrNutt
    Free Member

if he floats he’s a witch!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Report him, he’s wasted your time and tried to rip you off.

jimmy

I’d report him, then feel guilty that I’ve ruined someone’s life in tough economic times. Briefly. He must be blimmin stupid doing that.

Ebay ID?

rowemasters
    Free Member

Yeah, shop it. I’d be a bit narked if i’d bought it.

DezB
    Free Member

Sellers like this usually start up a new ebay login periodically.
    I don’t think it’ll make much difference either way reporting him.
    But I would, bloody con-artist.

scraprider
    Free Member

copy it , wipe yer dabs off it , get refund ,send it back, jobs a good un 😀

hora
    Free Member

Report him, in ther very least hes in copyright infringement? Yes dont bleat about the TV licence ok!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

send his details to trading standards, as the advert says you wouldn’t steel a……

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

omg..so all of you never bought/got aDVD copy then .??

morals= save a few £££

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – Morals – What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.