Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ebay madness – your BIN price has to be 40% higher than your start price??!!
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

stupid ebay – YOU USED TO BE SO GOOD!!!!

highclimber
    Free Member

I think Buy it now is stupid anyway! you don’t have it at regular auctions so why have it online!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think it’s quite a good idea, for those people who must have it now. If I’ve used it, then usually I’ll start auction at 99p and BIN at a slight premium price for those that can’t bear to wait 7 days or so. Doesn’t it disappear tho, as soon as someone bids?

molgrips
    Free Member

To stop people putting starting prices of £90 and BINs of £100 – makes it look stupid.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I think the idea is to stop people getting their stuff shown in both the ‘auction’ tab and the ‘buy-it-now’ tab. You see the £9.99 auction and you use the buy-it-now option. If you’re daft enough to pay extra to do that for your auction anyway I don’t really see the issue but it’s eBays ball so they make the rules.

I think Buy it now is stupid anyway! you don’t have it at regular auctions so why have it online!

At regular auctions you bid, say, a tenner you pay a tenner and online you might pay 99p so it’s not exactly a like for like anyway…

Drac

At regular auctions you bid, say, a tenner you pay a tenner and online you might pay 99p so it’s not exactly a like for like anyway…

You can bid in stages at none internet auctions too using the same max bid offer.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Where did you find that?

Searching eBay shows “The Buy It Now price needs to be at least 10% higher than the starting auction price.” from: here.

Incidentally, did your title mean to read AT LEAST 40%? If not then that is just stupid of eBay.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

OK, found it. Yup it’s AT LEAST 40%, which makes more sense.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ebay madness – your BIN price has to be 40% higher than your start price??!!’ is closed to new replies.