Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • EBay lights again..(reliable seller)
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

A quick look on ebay shows a mesmerising number of vendors selling solarstorm lights.

Whilst my expectations are fully in line with a £14 rechargeable bike light are there any sellers better than the others or are they all pretty much the same?

Also is there any point getting an X3 over an X2 for example?
    Ta

thecaptain
    Free Member

All much the same IMO. I’ve rarely had a bad experience buying cheap stuff off ebay, including helmet/head lights. They aren’t there to rip you off and if you have a problem they will usually send out a replacement no questions asked. Stuff isn’t always top quality – the batteries are pretty rubbish and I have had a charger fail, but at 12 quid for blazingly bright lights that run well over an hour and have lasted over a year of regular use, I’m not bothered. My Lumis from a few years back cost about 20x that!

cp

I recently had to replace my 4 year old previous ebay special. I went with this for 12.95:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221886439068?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It’s great! Low setting is plenty for road riding on unlit poor roads and most mtb with a helmet light too. Full power is blazing. Arrived quick.

EDIT – the back light you get with it is crap.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Perfect thanks

core

There is middle ground, I bought a light of Torchy, under £40, UK supplier, decent battery, and back-up if I ever need it.

jimdubleyou

Amazon sell solarstorms if you want some buyer protection.

craig24
    Free Member
    deadkenny
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry so much about the seller who is probably honest as the price isn’t a rip off for what you’re getting. I’d be worrying about my home 😉

Buy a lipo bag and ideally charge outside the house.

Anyway, basic battery price for reliable, brand new, safe properly UK certified battery & charger is around £30. Then consider what you’re getting here for £15 all in.

Lights, well okay. Cheap or expensive, they’re Cree LEDs. There’s more to lights than the LEDs they use, but that’s another matter. They’ll probably work for a useable while though. Lumens claims – no way 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘EBay lights again..(reliable seller)’ is closed to new replies.