Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ebay – item not received advice
  • Garry_Lager

Can any ebay veteran chime in on this – had my first case of a buyer claiming to have not received something.

Sent a wheel to a guy parcelforce 48, tracked. It gets delivered and signed for (but the signature is illegible), but the guy has contacted me saying he was out at work and that’s not his signature – think he lives in a flat. Suggested asking his neighbours but no joy there.

I note from his feedback that he bought a wheel from an ebay shop this month and claimed a refund off them for item not delivered.

I don’t want to tell the lad just to do one, but really what are the chances of someone fraudulently signing for a bike wheel? And given that it sounds like he’s claimed exactly the same thing from someone else it doesn’t sound on the level.

Any views? It was a new, mid-range wheel that he got for a great price of £30, so it’s not like there’s big money on the line. More concerned that someone’s trying to take the pish, and I don’t know the ebay protocols.

martinhurton
    Free Member

Blame lies soley with ParcelForce in my opinion. You have a tracking number, give it to him and tell him to phone them. That should call his bluff.

Either way, Parcel Force “lost it” not you so don’t see why you should be out of pocket.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’d call parcel force and have a word with them,

Sadly both Paypal and Parcel force are a law to themselves and this could easily go either way.

mudshark
    Free Member

Would Ebay not take parcel force’s signed delivery note as proof of delivery? If they’ll pay out then fine but not your problem.

godzilla
    Free Member

Add your tracking number to the ebay listing to safeguard yourself.

PePPeR

I’m afraid I’d be worried that my money had gone, knowing how ebay and PayPal support the buyer, but I’d write an email to ebay linking them to the previous claim and then seeing how the same has happened again let them make a decision.

You should be able to claim from parceforce for any losses though.

retro83
    Free Member

Refund him and claim your money back from ParcelFarce. Life’s too short.

godzilla
    Free Member

It’s the biggest scam on ebay, don’t fall for it, add the tracking number and your covered, then speak to Parcel force.

hora
    Free Member

Prev ebay seller sell a front or rear? Could be hes moved in recently and is NOT getting the items

Garry_Lager

Thks all – I’ll get onto parcelforce tomoz.
    What do you mean by adding the tracking # to the listing godzilla? Do you just mean retain it so I have proof of delivery to ebay in case he raises a dispute?

godzilla
    Free Member

There is a section in My ebay just under the sold item where the tracking number is added.
    once added your covered.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Don’t refund yet

I had somebody make a claim against me a couple of years back for something I sent by courier (not Parcelforce) – I think it was Collect+

I co-operated fully with the dispute resolution system and Paypal found in my favour – do this & you should be fine.

skids
    Free Member

As long as you are sending the item to the correct address and not an old one on paypal then I think you have nothing to worry about

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing that it will fall on your side. Hold off refunding until it’s clear. Just for your side make sure you have done everything right. Unless he requested special posting rules it’s down to parcel farce and him I guess.
    If he’s done it before (and not learned) then make sure you have a copy of that saved to add to your case.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ebay – item not received advice’ is closed to new replies.