Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • eBay. Item not as described…. should I get return postage refunded?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Bought some boots off eBay that where described as size 42 but turn out to be 41 (on the label). Seller has agreed to refund me if I return them but the postage will be about £8.00 – should I get this back as well?
    The boots only cost £13 on a buy it now and they charged £5 postage so they’ve only got £10 for them in reality. I’m tempted to suggest they just refund me the purchase cost and I’ll keep them rather than them givin gme my money back plus the £8 return delivery charge.

joao3v16
    Free Member

According to eBay:

“In general, the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage & packaging unless they have specifically provided, within their returns policy, that they require the buyer to pay for it.”

In this case, perhaps just ask for £13 plus £8 (?) …

br
    Free Member

Just to note, having recently refunded someone for an item, which while properly described they weren’t happy with – that when I went to refund through Paypal, I couldn’t refund more than they had paid.

legend
    Free Member

I’m tempted to suggest they just refund me the purchase cost and I’ll keep them rather than them givin gme my money back plus the £8 return delivery charge.

that’s not really gonna work (cake and eat it?) as the seller should be able to sell them again (with the proper listing of course).

You could just keep them and trying selling them yourself? Might actually get more money for them (and use a cheaper postage service)

sharkbait
    Free Member

that’s not really gonna work (cake and eat it?) as the seller should be able to sell them again (with the proper listing of course).

Yes they could.

You could just keep them and trying selling them yourself? Might actually get more money for them (and use a cheaper postage service)

Did think about this but can’t really be bothered.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just make sure there is some way (like recorded delivery) you can check if they’ve returned. Wouldn’t be the first eBay item that was returned to the seller but mysteriously never made it back and thus refund wasn’t given…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘eBay. Item not as described…. should I get return postage refunded?’ is closed to new replies.