Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay item faulty, not as described advice please
  • thv3
    Free Member

Looking for a general consensus and advice please.

I bought an item from ebay advertised as in excellent condition, which basically it wasn’t, in fact its actually faulty and doesn’t work.

Now I have e-mailed the seller last night to sort something out, to either arrange for a repair which they can pay for, or to send it back and get a full refund. The cost of a repair is £50 approx, and they haven’t got back to me as yet.

My question is, how long should I wait before taking it further by opening a dispute as it was not as advertised/described?

logical
    Free Member

48 hours seems reasonable to me.

Matt24k
    Free Member

48 hours is the norm as not every one is glued to their smart phone. Ebay/Paypal will hold the money the minute you raise a dispute and you have 45 days to do it. As a buyer you are far better protected than the seller.
    Have you got the link to the item?

thv3
    Free Member

Sigma lens

Item above, seller has now been back in contact but wishes time to “consider” their options.

I’m not so sure they’ve got many options. I’ve asked for either a £50 refund to cover repair, or a full refund and they can relist as a faulty item. I have also forwarded a estimate for the repair so they know it is a genuine issue with the lens.

Overall I’m not too happy, but would like to see this resolved without going trough the whole ebay/paypal dispute if possible. I know that whole process can take a long time.

user-removed
    Free Member

One picture? 12 word description? Feedback of just nine? Sorry but I wouldn’t have touched that with a bargepole. I realise this isn’t very helpful to you right now, but really?! I might take a punt on something costing a tenner, but if I’m spending £200, I want to see the front and back element, hear a little about what kind of life it’s had and the seller needs to have been around for more than nine transactions.

Cougar

Not really the point but, out of curiosity, what’s wrong with it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

file a dispute you can always change your mind afterwards.

if it is broken then why are you waiting fro them to decide

Ebay gives the buyer all the protection and the seller none and they charge the seller for it too…i dont know why folk sell on there tbh but I will buy.

nickjb
    Free Member

Dispute now before they take the money out of their account. With a feedback of 9 (at 75%) closing the account won’t be a big deal to them.

roblane65
    Free Member

try to resolve it with the seller if you can,but don’t give them too long. Because if they’ve already shifted the money from paypal to another account both paypal and ebay are a dog with no teeth. they can just shut down and dissappear if so inclined.The police aren’t gonna come knocking on the door for fraud that’s for sure.

thv3
    Free Member

£50 refund received, all sorted now thankfully.

Thanks for all the advice above anyway, glad I didn’t need to go down that route.

PS Had internal damage, zoom and focus rollers were out of alignment so had possibly been dropped, knocking the front element out of alignment too. No visible marks on the outside, but didn’t feel quite right, glad I had it properly checked out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay item faulty, not as described advice please’ is closed to new replies.