Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ebay – issues with muppet buyer and feedback
  • spacemonkey

I recently placed an ad to sell an item and made it clear that no bids from people with <10 feedback would be accepted. Lo and behold, the winner is a someone with 0 who’s been a member for 2.5yrs and done nothing.

Messaged him to say it’s a no-go and to help resolve. To which he doesn’t reply, and instead leaves negative feedback. Weirdly, my feedback goes from 100% (104 items) to 94.7% (104 items) – how does that work, i.e. how can .9% of a change actual be 5.3%?

Tried calling him to resolve but no-one answers. Ebay live chat is useless. Looks like only option is to flag a Cancel Transaction request tomorrow (day 4) and then somehow ask for the feedback to be removed.

Having only sold one item before, I didn’t realise you could block bids based on feedback – according to live chat this is an option.

So, anyone else been down this road? Any pointers?

TVM

EDIT: £25 selling fee is also in dispute – looks like you have to wait 7-10 days after transaction has been cleared?

geoffj

Did you give the winner a chance to pay for if? If you didn’t, it looks like you may have been the muppet.
    How do you expect folk to get feedback if no one let’s them bid 🙄

More to it than this?

And feedback is based in number of unique individuals you buy / sell from, not just no of transactions.

Frankers
    Free Member

I agree why not give him the chance to pay 1st ???

spacemonkey

Duh … if you’re selling low value items then accepting bids from newbies is fine. But selling something for £225 is not fine IMO, hence the reason people include “Only bids from people with X feedback accepted” etc.

If you’ve nothing valuable to add, just move on.

spacemonkey

BTW, I did offer him to pay but he didn’t respond. All he’s done is ignore my messages and phone calls and then leave neg feedback.

I could be doing him a dis-service, but so far he seems the sort who just likes to mess around, especially having been a membed for 2.5yrs and not actually boughty/sold anything.

dyls

I sold a maxxd on ebay a few weeks ago and the winning bidder had 0 feedback but paid up properly and was good to deal with.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP, you should have at least given them a chance. I mean what have you got to lose as either way you have to wait for the glacial like eBay to actually shift into action and do something for the money they get.

MrTall
    Free Member

Your feedback is based on the last 12 months, not your full feedback history so that’s probably why your feedback has fallen by over 5%.

jools182
    Free Member

I got negative feedback from a guy who bought my bass guitar, because it arrived ‘dusty’ 🙄

the guitar was clean, but the bubble wrap was a bit dusty from being in the garage when cutting some wood

I never received any complaint or communication from him, just the negative feedback. A £450 guitar for £150. I wasn’t chuffed

spacemonkey

OP, you should have at least given them a chance

In my first message to him I re-iterated that bidders with <10 wouldn’t be considered, but he could still confirm whether he genuinely wanted to pay. Never received a reply. So I called on Fri and Sat but no answer. Then he just leave neg feedback. Hence why my skepticism has IMO been founded thus far.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Ring ebay its quicker google ebay phone number it starts o844 fom memory.

Just had a really nasty experience witg a buyer, the process for removin neg feedback is under the help section you have to raise a defamatory “something i cant remember” dispute the operators will help you find it. Oddly this is not an online thing you download a form print it, fill it out , screen print the neg feedback screen print it, then scan both pages and upload them…..

Bit silly but assuming you are in the right they sort it very quickly.

Paypal less so, i still have the amount in dispute even though ebay have sorted the other claims out….

timdrayton
    Free Member

Its a notice of false and defamatory content form btw just checked

uplink
    Free Member

Lo and behold, the winner is a someone with 0 who’s been a member for 2.5yrs and done nothing.
    Messaged him to say it’s a no-go and to help resolve. To which he doesn’t reply, and instead leaves negative feedback.

If that was your 1st message to him, I’m not surprised he negged you – I would of

Why didn’t you just cancel the bid & block him from bidding any further?

geoffj

Duh … if you’re selling low value items then accepting bids from newbies is fine. But selling something for £225 is not fine IMO, hence the reason people include “Only bids from people with X feedback accepted” etc.

Duh…..best learn how to use the eBay options properly then hadn’t you :mrgreen:

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

All have to start somewhere, if everyone refused to deal with zero feedback bidders nothing would ever get sold or bought.

Some of my best buys have been from total newcomers and always give people a chance like they gave me some years ago

spacemonkey

FFS, why don’t some of you read/listen? I’ll happily sell something worth £10 to someone with little or no feedback, but I’m not particularly happy selling them something worth £200+. How is that unreasonable? Newbies get a fair shout and everyone’s happy.

Plenty of people have been scammed and ill-supported as a result of dodgy buyers. IMC I sent the guy two messages asking if he was serious about buying, and called him twice – but he hasn’t replied to anything.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

To be honest, if your buyer is as confused as me it’s no wonder this deal went sour.

If the buyer hasn’t paid, then you immediately get you fees refunded and you can relist. Not sure about getting the feedback taken back, but you do have a right to reply on bad feedback.

All this new buyer nonsense is just chaff; if you had just requested payment instead of whining that they hadn’t read the T&C’s correctly it may have all gone thorugh without issue.

spooky_b329

I’ve got 124 feedbacks, I’ve never restricted buyers based on feedback, either they pay or they don’t, there is very little risk as long as you keep within the guidelines for paypal, such as using trackable postage methods. I’ve sold items worth hundreds of pounds to sellers with no history.

Sellers however, I’ve left 3 or 4 negatives for miss-leading items, fakes and non-delivery. Always tried to resolve first however. And one purchase for a set of forks where the seller failed to communicate for several days as I had the nerve to suggest a cheaper postal service…it wasn’t a deal breaker but the difficulty in establishing contact meant I pulled out.

You seem to have got on the wrong side of the buyer, most likely it would have all gone fine!

HermanShake
    Free Member

What were you selling? 😕

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – issues with muppet buyer and feedback’ is closed to new replies.