Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • eBay issue ("sennd they boys round" content)
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I messed up and sent an eBay item.to the wrong buyer. I emailed him a postage label to forward it on but he’s not done so and not responding to my contact.

It’s worth **** all and he seemed legit.

I guess the Police won’t be interested

Anyone live in Manchester fancy paying him a visit?

spekkie
    Free Member

Better jump in the car. . . .

kcal

is he expecting an item from you that’s gone somewhere else?

I’ve had this happen (saddle that I bought) and also sold (couple of Hornby trains).
    Never had a problem either way, I was happy to send on and so were the two folk I mis-sent.

Must just be the company you keep al.

🙂
    Callum

cynic-al
    Free Member

He’s got his item ok

dooosuk
    Free Member

Whereabouts in Manc?

kcal

lazy ? (him); away on holiday ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

He’s at Lees St M18 8QN

Flaperon

Morally dubious thought it may be, he has no obligation to return the item to you (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsolicited_goods).

You may want to ask STW to edit the post above as publishing his address – even partially – is not a sensible thing to do. In this situation the only thing you can do is accept that you’ve lost the item or pay a personal visit and ask for it back. Once. Very politely.

You’d do well to record the meeting since you’re on very thin legal ground.

It sucks, I know, having done it myself.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Nice area Gorton… 🙂

dooosuk
    Free Member

Yep, too far for me and not an area I’d want to knock on a random’s door unless it was for my benefit. Sorry.

cynic-al
    Free Member

he has no obligation to return the item to you

He agreed to do so, but I realise that means little.

Out of interest what do you think I’d get prosecuted for, harassment if I visited him more than once?

Anyway a civil action would probably work, but for a £15 monitor, I bet the fees will not justify it (I’ll check tho!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘eBay issue ("sennd they boys round" content)’ is closed to new replies.