Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ebay gobbledegook? Active content?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Maybe someone else can explain this to me and I know there’s a few IT types on here as I’ve no idea what this is all about.

But, I get a message today from ebay saying one of my listings has active content and it needs to be removed, I need to replace it with HTML or CCS alternatives. It’s something to do with ‘From June 2017, active content (e.g. JavaScript, Plug-ins or Flash, iFrame and form actions) will no longer display in your eBay listings. To be honest I’ve no idea what that is, all I did was place an ad with pictures. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what this all means and do I really have to do anything, and if I do what? The blurb from ebay is just useless and you’re unable to contact them to ask what the hell is this all about.

Thanks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It means the website will no longer support flash, as most websites have moved over to HTML5. So if you have stuff like 3D models which display via javascript or flash they won’t show.

Two reasons for this

Apple claim they won’t support Flash because it’s not secure

Adobe claim Apple won’t support flash because it’s not Apple.

Both are kinda true, the second one probably more so.

kcal

I *think* if you switch to the HTML tab in the listing you can edit – up to a point.
    If the pictures are simply uploaded pics of your item should be OK, but suspect it will be the img ref if its to external bits that it’s objecting to, I got this a little while back on one or more of my listings, switch to HTMl sorted it.. (or leave as plain text).

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I had this the other day. All it was was a link to the manufactures website. Removed it and all was well in the world

Cougar

Both are kinda true, the second one probably more so.

Both are kinda true, the first one absolutely more so.

The sooner Flash is dead and buried the better.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The sooner Flash is dead and buried the better.

But he’s a loved and respected forum member 😀

scaredypants

😆

Cougar

But he’s a loved and respected forum member

Is he? (-:

njee20
    Free Member

Isn’t he about 5 ‘loved and respected’ forum members?!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm, thanks for the replies. As far as I know I don’t have any 3D models or flash stuff, it’s just text and photos so I don’t understand what I’m being asked to change. I’ll leave it and see what happens?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ebay gobbledegook? Active content?’ is closed to new replies.