• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ebay Fees – HELP
  • nasher
    Free Member

About to put a listing up for the first time, but I have no idea what the fees will be as its very unclear.

If I sold a listing for £1200 with a reserve and accepting paypal, what am i likely to pay in fees?

jonk
    nasher
    Free Member

its a bike

but will have a go on the calculator

geetee1972
    Free Member

I've had a lot of experience of selling bike equipment on eBay so I know this advice will net you more cash, but I understand if you don't want the extra work involved.
    Don't sell it as a complete bike, break it down into components and sell them individually, even to the point of selling individual wheels rather than pairs. This increases the number of people who can bid on your items which significantly increases the final value.
    Start the bidding at 0.01p and don't bother with a reserve. A good item will always sell for what it's worth and the lower the starting price, the more people will click to watch the item. Plus, starting low gives a better chance to capitalise on that all important auction creep.
    Good quality photos, more of them for the high value parts, maybe two for the rear mech, pedals, cranks etc.
    Ship worldwide for the easily dispatched items like those highlighted above. This will probably add 15%. Wheels and frames are hard to send overseas but your LBS should be able to help with that quite easily.
    Paypal is another cost but it's worth it for the reduced hassle and stress
    List for at least 7 days on all items, have the auction end on a weekday around 8-9pm, not on a Friday or Saturday. 10 days is better for higher value items like the frame.

Hope this helps.

ski
    Free Member

good advice from geetee1972

Clean your kit so its spotless before you take pictures of it too.

nasher
    Free Member

I had thought of seling in bits, but I can do without the hastle to be honest.

Its a Spicy 316, and they seem to be in demand, anyway will also try on the classifieds.

cheers for the advice.

A

Jenga
    Free Member

Send everything out by recorded delivery. Include that in the quoted postage costs. Make sure that all items are signed for on receipt. Be very wary about sending high value items overseas – do a search on here; there are several stories about guys being ripped off by foreign buyers.

br
    Free Member

Costs at about 15-20% for ebay/paypal etc

Second the advice about strip down – you may find someone will do it after you sell…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Fees – HELP’ is closed to new replies.