Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ebay down again?
  • andyl
    Free Member

Seem to be only (eventually) get to the sign in page and no further. Anyone else having trouble?

Seems to be a lot of problems for ebay at the moment.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Yep, took ages to get in and now seems to be broken completely.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Aye

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep. Freakin’ pain 👿

andyl
    Free Member

Anyone up for starting a rival auction site? 💡

j40aja
    Free Member

Got a funny feeling the EBay site being down is going to cost me money, I’ve got an item finishing later tonight and there won’t be any more bids if buyers can’t log in!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup. Down still for me.

Some people are going to get some good deals/lose money*

*Delete as applicable.

andyl
    Free Member

I was wondering what happens in cases like that. Can sellers refuse to sell an item if the auction site goes down when their items ends?

maybe there is a team of hackers killing the site for their own benefit somewhere?

j40aja
    Free Member

I’d certainly be contacting EBay Customer Services to have all my fees refunded given that so many buyers wait until the end of the auction to place their bids!

Jamie
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

You can get into the ebay.com site. Just doing some looking for items ending soon that I might be interested in 😈

not tried logging in though

edit: can’t log in on the .com site. Link fails.

hora
    Free Member

Hackers? Ebay hasnt really helped itself with how its ringing money out of people is it.

CHB

yup down here. second time in a week…someone is serious about DOS attack on them.

Daffy

I’ve tried to bid on 3 items today on a mix of WiFi and 3G and not been able to get my bid through in the last 5mins of any of them.

All of my max bids were significantly higher than the final sale price.

j40aja
    Free Member

Looks like E-Bay are doing something good for their customers.

I have received an e-mail from them today out of the blue (I didn’t complain to them about the site being down during the hours leading up to the end of my listing).

Their e-mail is below

Dear j40aja:

I’m writing to you today about the recent technical issues that have affected our platform and to let you know that we’re protecting you.

On Sunday 14 September, a number of eBay sites and customer service platforms around the world experienced intermittent issues. When the disruption began—at 11:15am BST—our eBay Technology Team immediately began work towards resolving it. By 6:45pm BST that day, they had restored the vast majority of site functionality.

The personal information of our customers was not compromised by this incident.

We know how much it matters to your livelihood that eBay functions properly and that lately our performance hasn’t met your expectations. We apologise for this, and we’re taking steps to make sure that we exceed your expectations going forward.

As a seller with transactions impacted by this issue, we’ll protect you in the following ways:

We’ll automatically credit all fees for certain listings that ended between 11:15am BST and 8:45pm BST on Sunday 14 September. The additional 2 hours will help make sure we assist all of our sellers who may have been affected.

The fee credit will apply to auction-style listings that ended (except those that sold for a Buy it now price) and any fixed price listings that ended without a sale (except 30-day and Good ‘Til Cancelled listings). If the affected listing was a free listing, it can be relisted for free within 7 days, even if you’ve used all allotted free listings.

Any transaction defects we can identify as resulting from this issue will be removed and will not impact your performance record.

The credits will be applied to your account by 23 September and will be reflected on your October invoice.

Nothing is more important to us than our customers, and we’re committed to maintaining your trust.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,

Steve Boehm
    Global Customer Experience

Looks like I’m getting my fees back (over £12) but we’ll see if they appear as it does mention in their e-mail about certain listings!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I listed an old pair of raybans, only for them to delete the auction with an email inferring I was selling counterfeit goods! Scheisters! And they won’t answer emails and chat. 👿

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ebay down again?’ is closed to new replies.