Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ebay dispute – can I open another one on the same item?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Bought a phone on ebay. It didn’t arrive when it should have done, so I sent a request to the seller for details which opened a dispute case. It’s now come today, and despite the description claiming no wear on screen there are quite significant wear marks (ones you can see even when it’s turned on – though they weren’t visible at all in the ebay pics). So I want to return not as described, but I can’t open a new case because the old one is open, and when I go to close the old one it warns me that I won’t be able to dispute the transaction again.

I have a feeling I’m being subtly scammed here – the reason for it not arriving was also a bit peculiar and I got the feeling the seller was lying. Is the idea that I open a case for non delivery which I close when I get it and then I can’t dispute it any more?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ring eBay, they will manually close the delivery case and reopen a not as described for you

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks, and an update in case in case anybody else is interested – I phoned up and the helpful chap talked me through closing the existing case online and opening a new return case. So it seems it is possible (even though when I googled I found advice suggesting it isn’t – presumably they’ve changed the way it works).

onandon
    Free Member

Go to the dispute and ask eBay to ring you. They do this quickly and saves the faff.

aracer
    Free Member

I saw they did that, but no obvious advantage compared to phoning them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ebay dispute – can I open another one on the same item?’ is closed to new replies.