Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebay dispute
  • misterfrostie
    Free Member

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone could shed any sensible light on a dispute I’ve currently got running on Ebay.
    I bought an item for just over a hundred quid and started making arrangements to collect it, as it was quite large. I realised I should have asked a question about the detail of the item which I did at the same time as tying up delivery. I got a really patronising response from them, almost like teacher to naughty pupil type stuff and mildly aggressive. I immediately went off the idea of collecting from him and dropped him a line to say I’d made a mistake and would he consider cancelling the sale. I then got a long and aggressive e mail saying it was my mistake, I’d have to suffer the consequences including a court appearance and even the baliffs coming round. He then accused me of making up lies which is not the case and basically saying he was going to use me as his legal punchbag over this issue and test out Money Claim Online.
    I’ve since been in touch with Ebay who have reviewed all the correspondence and they replied saying I had nothing to worry about and they have written to the seller to encourage him to cancel the transaction. They also sent me a link to a guide on how to assess buyers before buying from them so it sounds like they might agree he’s being a little unreasonable.
    I’ve got 100% feedback on Ebay and don’t take the decision to back out of a deal lightly at all. It’s happened to me as a seller a few times and whilst you might not be completely happy at the time, the right thing seems to be to get a fee refund and move on.
    So in view of the fact that Ebay are supporting my request, I’d appreciate your view on what I maybe should and shouldn’t do here. I’m expecting claim papers through the door any time.

Cougar

I’m expecting that he’s full of piss and vinegar and you’ve more chance of winning the lottery than getting a claims demand.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d calm down.

Buyers > Sellers on eBay.

He’s probably just hacked off you pissed him about, and started asking questions after buying the item.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You would need to actually back out of the deal to get a summons so you are some way from that scenario
    I would imagine Ebay siding with you would also have a bearing on the deal.
    Its just an angry internet dude
    Stop worrying

bombjack
    Free Member

Calm down dear, there’s nothing he can do apart from shout and stamp his feet.
    He cant even leave negative feedback, all the power is with the buyer.
    Whilst it’s annoying to have people back out of a sale that’s part of the deal nowadays and he knows it.
    Have a cup of tea and laugh at his threats.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Yeah I think you’re right Junk. I should have smelt a rat on the original listing, there was stuff on there like “anything else you see on the photos is part of the fabric of or house and not included in the sale”

Jamie I didn’t start asking questions after the sale, I just made a remark about how I think I might have slipped up with the spec. At that stage I had every intention of going through with the deal, but his reaction made me wonder if I was buying from a reasonable person.

Thanks for the responses lads, often easy to comment upon other peoples situations but harder when its your own. Appreciate the comments.

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Kettle on Bombjack 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ebay dispute’ is closed to new replies.