Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Ebay clown number 1000001
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Ebay is getting more of a joke by the day. The amount of suspect stolen gear that appears on there is worrying….. 😯

bassspine
    Free Member

'cost me £5850' was that with the 'saw you coming' discount?

orange
    Free Member

god, he even admits to owning a corsa as well

pmsl at the buy it now price!

mildred

£5850

"I don't really know about these things"

he knew enough about them to nick this one.

Tiger6791

Whats the URL on the side of the bike?? my eyes ain't good enought to work it out.

Might be worth pointing it out if it's another forum

luked2
    Free Member

Doesn't he say that the photos are of a different bike? Or something?

epicyclo

…comes with a trackin device inside the bike as its electronically tagged so you can trace it if it gets stolen…

That should be easy then 🙂

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Forks made by Shiver lol.
    Makes me laugh even more when a do-gooder suggests it may be legit.
    The day one of these scumbags learns to spell, or anything about bikes, they'd make a good living.
    Maybe the ads are purposely bad so they're harder to search for by original owners.

mrben100
    Free Member

I wish my 2 bikes stolen in the last 6 months had been taken by one of these guys. 😆

Surely the police could have a dedicated Ebay/Gumtree unit – recovery of stolen bikes would go up 10 fold I reckon! 💡

nickjb
    Free Member

You are all very cynical. 100% positive feedback 🙂

igm

Is it actually a 22X front half to the frame at all (stolen or not)? The shock mount looks wrong.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Its a 222 or 223 (the pics are all messed up on my laptop) its definatly not a 224 let along an evo. Which makes it something like 4 years old at least.

I just reported it ebay, hopefully it will get followed up.

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

think its a bastardised patriot

Skyliner
    Free Member

The url on the side is http://www.cyclogicalshop.co.uk/

They must be very expensive!! £5850 my ringpiece 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

its a patriot, look how short the shock is

jonk

Looks like a patriot LT from 2001/2002 – doesnt have any rear through axle & has no adjustable shock shuttle.

Hairychested
    Free Member

He's changed the seller's name, hasn't he?

i will deliver the bike free of charge if the buy it now price is met and as soon as the funds have cleared i will deliver it either same day or day after

Yeah, right.

SaxonRider

Has it been reported yet?

Once reported, what does EBay actually do?

soma_rich
    Free Member

might be worth email http://www.cyclogicalshop.co.uk/ to see if its one of theirs.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

ebaay do very little unless you have positive proof its nicked (eg. its yours). A thread recently on here had a guy who's pictures had been used to advertise a different bike in a really dodgy sounding ad (selling for my brother, already packed up, cash on collection only etc). A few of us flagged it to ebay and included the URL for the original pics, ebay only appeared to react when the actual owner of the pictures reported it.

flamejob
    Free Member

Yeah.. that's an early 6" Patriot, one of the first batch as far as I can tell (without the saddle on the downtube). It looks like they cracked the main frame shock mount and made a patch bracket. That alone should trace it back to its owner.

WE should be ebay police moderators really. They have this massive pool of total bike geeks that can tell if something has the wrong mech hanger from 100 paces!

PS I reported it too.

hora
    Free Member

Bling bling

MrAgreeable

Has anyone emailed cyclogical? As munque-chick says, things are far more likely to happen if the owner can be traced.

I don't think there's anything about this bike that immediately says "hot" – it's an inaccurate description and an inflated price, but on its own that means nowt.

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm still confused as if that's the actual bike for sale, as he says it's a different colour. Can he have resprayed it more times than his riden it?

wwaswas

oldgit – the 'advertising' shot of the ORange on a white background was the first pic – the others (of the real bike) were added later.

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah
    OK apart from that it's probably been broken, and it's not a 224 let alone an Evo, and it's more than two years old and it didn't cost nealy 6k when new it's an honest bike?

MrAgreeable

Oldgit, realistically are the police going to care about an inaccurate description? Should they?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Ebay clown number 1000001’ is closed to new replies.