Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay carbon rigid forks, advice please…
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

i need to get some carbon rigids for the hardtail and i spotted these….

CLICKY!

I’m a bit worried about the crown though, they look like they would be more suitable to a road frame with a hidden headset, any opinions out there?

thanks in advance

😀

dallas95
    Free Member

They’re mtb forks but for a tapered head tube with an integrated headset. What’s your steerer on your current forks?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

They’re mtb forks but for a tapered head tube with an integrated headset. What’s your steerer on your current forks?

ye olde normal retro stylee so guess these are no good…….thought as much! 🙁 cheers for the reply dallas

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of similar ones, the Trigon ones. Very good forks. I did run them on a bike with a conventional headset and they were fine, just looked a little odd. Got them in a bike with an integrated one now and aestheically much better but no difference otherwise.
    Pics of non-integrated ones here if you are interested: http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/my-bike-is-in-ruins.html
    click to make bigger

trail_rat
    Free Member

Look up hylix forks the trigon ones have narrow tire clearance .

trail_rat
    Free Member

globalti
    Free Member

Have a look at these: http://www.carboncycles.cc/ I have some of their forks on my ti Global and I don’t miss suspension, in fact I Ebayed my Rebas two weeks ago.

onandon
    Free Member

Epo, the forks you linked to are actually very good.
    I have a pair and they flex much less than the tube legged,exotic,one one, pace forks.

I love my rigid bikes and have tried most of the major brands, these are deffo worth a try.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

trailrat – look good and you say you can run 29er no worries, could be the clincher… whats the axle to crown measurement on your 26ers?
    Anything i should watch out for re fitting to a ‘normal’ headset? i use the same hope traditional headset cup as you by the looks of it.

onandon – lovely looking machine although it looks like an intergrated headset/steerer tube, right? i think the hylix ones will have cleaner lines?

Thanks to everyone for all the input thus far.

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are 440mm

Thats with a 29x 2.35 schwalbe – trigons couldnt get a 29x 1.9 in !

trail_rat
    Free Member

its trad 1 and 8th – just need a carbon wedge

onandon
    Free Member

Ah, I missed he part regarding the headset. Mines integrated so thins out the fatness of the crown.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay carbon rigid forks, advice please…’ is closed to new replies.