Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • eBay BIN timewasters a wee rant
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Whats with people making offers on items on eBay and changing their minds. Twice I’ve had people offer me less than starting price on an item, I’ve replied if it does t sell you can have it for your offer but I’m not ending. Once it doesn’t sell they’re suddenly not interested as it cant be worth what they offered as it didn’t sell or my higher price. Wtf!

bigblackshed

Is that what they’ve told you or are you assuming? They may have bought one elsewhere.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve told them within 4 hrs of auction end if it doesn’t sell I’ll accept offer. 4 hrs later not interested.

user-removed
    Free Member

Poor rant. If an item doesn’t sell on eBay, it’s likely you’re asking too much for it. If it’s well described, with plenty of good photos, it will sell for exactly what it’s worth IME.

konabunny
    Free Member

And what’s with people that say the same thing in different threads over and over again?

mcnultycop

£0.99 start, no reserve, then everything sells.

dannybgoode

@mcnultycop – quite agree and things achieve the price the market wants to pay.

I’ve always found if I’ve got what I think to be £500 worth of stuff to sell I usually get around that amount but some items do way better than expected and some worse.

Ultimately if you want to sell it, get it sold…

Cheers

Danny B

nealglover
    Free Member

They haven’t “changed their minds.

They made an offer and you declined.

You then made a counter offer.

And they declined.

Pretty simple really.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve always found if I’ve got what I think to be £500 worth of stuff to sell I usually get around that amount but some items do way better than expected and some worse.

+1 – have been a bit disappointed at some stuff going for 99p, but that’s been more than made up for by getting far more than expected for other stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘eBay BIN timewasters a wee rant’ is closed to new replies.