Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • ebay advice please…
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

I bought and paid for something via paypal as usual – the seller seems genuine and it turns out the seller has an old paypal address linked to his ebay account – a yahoo vs the correct hotmail account… now my money has gone off my credit card which is linked to my paypal account and gone to the wrong account… the seller wants to request the money to his new account – are there are probs to watch out for? Not had this before…

paul

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It may well be all fine, but like you, I err on the sided of caution.

Surely he can cancel the transaction on his old account, update the details , and request payment again?

jimc101
    Free Member

If paying via ebay payment system, no problems, as you are protected by the buyer protection, if requesting outside wouldn’t go there.

What has happened to your original payment? has the seller been able to access this to refund you so you can send to the correct account? If they can access this, why do they need to send to a new account as they can access it? For the seller, no reason they can’t have multiple addresses linked to the same paypal account.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ebay advice please…’ is closed to new replies.