Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Eating out in Harrogate
  • rascal
    Free Member

Me & Mrs Rascal’s 2nd Anniversary tomorrow so off to Harrogate for hotel/eats/boozes.

Anyone got any recommendations for good food?…and good drinking establishments 😆

Cheers

tomhoward

William and Victoria’s on cold bath road. Drum and monkey is supposed to be awesome for seafood if that’s your bag? Hotel du vin if you are staying over.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

B.E.D

neninja
    Free Member

Went to Harrogate for my wife’s 40th during the Summer.

The two places we had dinner were both excellent – friendly staff, good food, good atmosphere.

We had dinner at an Italian Brios on the Friday night – http://kingsroad.brios.co.uk//File/default.asp
    They were superb with the kids and a couple of our party were late and there were totally unflustered by it.

On the Saturday we went to BED (Burnsey Eat Drink) – the staff are genuinely helpful and funny, the food was superb. It’s not no.1 on Tripadvisor by accident – http://www.bed.ltd.uk/

It might be expensive but Bettys for brunch is totally worth every penny.

tomhoward

+1 on B.E.D here too, really very good! While I think about it, the Thai Orchid is great too! We’re a bit spoilt for choice here! Oh and the Turkish baths Chinese is ace too!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mirabelles.

It’s most excellent.

nealglover
    Free Member

The Orchid is brilliant.

Birthday treat for me coming up for me at the end of the month. 2 nights in the Studley Hotel and 1 Meal in the Orchid, 1 meal at BED

Can’t wait !

sadexpunk

do you like thai? theres a big place called sukothai or something there. nearby theres a little family place, thai elephant i think its called.

we decided to go there as we felt sorry for it being a small place next to a big one. right decision 🙂 food was lovely, friendly owner came talking to us about how they were struggling now that place had opened nearby. true, it was empty, just us in there. cant praise it highly enough tho, the food was gorgeous.

johndoh
    Free Member

Drum and Monkey is rubbish – trades off an old reputation.

Van Zellers ( I think) in the Montpellier Quarter is meant to be amazing but never tried it myself.

W&V is great – fine dining upstairs or bistro downstairs.

Tannin Level is very nice too.

Orchid not bad, bit overpriced for what you get in my opinion.

Cardomon Black is a posh curry place and meant to be okay, but Shabab Pavillions just opposite is also very good and half the price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Eating out in Harrogate’ is closed to new replies.