• This topic has 81 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • eating in the cinema
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Why?

You wouldn’t devour crisp after crisp at home watching television,

The woman next to me had an arm like a metronome dipping into her massive crisp packet then pushed them into her mouth to then dip back in the crisp pack every 4 seconds.

Thankfully the massive bag only lasted 12 minutes.

Then she started on the malteesers….

Just wondering why stuff your face in the cinema? Plenty of othets were grazing too.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fish & chips with salt and vinegar … 😆

No, no … I don’t do that.

No, I don’t go to cinema or the last time I went there was about 10 yrs ago.

Edit: I don’t like eating or drinking in cinema because I want to concentrate on the movie. I would not starve or die of thirst for 3 hours plus without them food or drink …

Think I ate M&M only …

😛

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So long as I can’t hear or smell what you’re eating, go for it. Rustling crisps and chocolate bags are just about acceptable at kids films, but when you’re a grown up watching an 18 rated film, sort it out.

Cougar

No problem with people eating at the cinema as long as they do it quietly / shovel when it’s on a loud bit.

Says who?

Though TBF I’ll decant crisps into a bowl so there’s no rustling. Otherwise it annoys me when I’m the one eating them.

legend
    Free Member

Popcorn ftw, although I’m still not sure if I’m happy with the Mrs’ technique of throwing chocolate in with it

footflaps

Most times we go the cinema is full of people loudly eating crap.

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s just not the same without treats to eat. I can’t explain it but it isn’t.

jimdubleyou

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/films/code_of_conduct.pdf

1) No eating …of anything harder than a soft roll with no filling. No one wants to hear you crunch, chew or masticate in any way. Nachos cause special offence and are of the devil.

chewkw
    Free Member

Do those people eating in the cinema have thunder arms? 😆

CheesybeanZ

Our local privately owned cinema serves food and drink while you watch the film , you can even text the bar and they’ll bring the drinks too your seat ….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Our local cinema is awesomz. It serves cake and lager. Snack away I say!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just wondering why stuff your face in the cinema?

Helps me get to sleep quicker.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Garbage food of the worst kind. Can’t stand munching in the cinema, shuffling popcorn boxes, someone drops the box, someone spills their drink.

Most people go for the cinema experience or tradition though rather than actually interested in the film. Popcorn and shitty reclaimed so called meat hot dogs are part of the tradition.

Myself I can’t watch films while eating. At home I have to finish my meal before sitting down to watch a film. Though I do the whole home cinema thing and lights down, reclining seat, phone off the hook, amp up to 11 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I cant afford cinema snacks, well I can but they are a fookin rip off!

DezB
    Free Member

Consumed Five Guys burgers and chips when I last went! Didn’t have time to eat before so stuffed it down during the ads before the film.
    There are worse things at the cinema.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I cant afford cinema snacks, well I can but they are a fookin rip off!

Lidl or Aldi.
    3 cans of Coke £1
    £1 each for a snack
    Go to VUE on Tuesday with Super Tuesday offer, get 1/3 off tickets.
    Just over £20 for a flim for 2 people.

Job done.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

My pet hate. I get the rage.

When I pay over a tenner to watch a film with the best sound, screen and all round experience I don’t need some fat bloke grazing on Pringles next to me.

andy8442
    Free Member

Flumps and soft rolls only.

Hello to Jason Issacs.

aracer
    Free Member

Of course I would – do have to rewind a bit sometimes when I miss something because of the crunching, which is one reason I wouldn’t do that in the cinema.

chakaping
    Free Member

How little you know me.

Wouldn’t do it in the cinema though – our tradition is an ice cream timed for the start of the film, two scoops if I’ve been good.

Drac

You wouldn’t devour crisp after crisp at home watching television

Yes I do.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ll decant crisps into a bowl

#1 middle class quote of the day.

deadkenny
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Consumed Five Guys burgers and chips when I last went!

Burger from them can be more than a cinema ticket, and that’s £10+ these days!

tinribz
    Free Member

Went to a cinema recently where I was horrified to discover they were actually selling Dorito platters. Misophonia overload for me, seriously thought about leaving early in case I gave in to the urge to stamp on some nearby couple’s spread. Starwars was nearly ruined by another guy’s nasal whistles in the quiet scenes.

Cinemas should have quiet zones or sittings, am sure it would encourage attendance.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I took someone’s sweets off them once because the wrappers were driving me mental, I also said the least cool and softest thing in my entire life when I did it, “you can have these back after the film”.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Last time i went to the pics it was when the movie stopped and the lady with the icecreams came round.

I’m sure i was to young to watch Jaws (still can’t swim and have no intention of trying)

DezB
    Free Member

Burger from them can be more than a cinema ticket

Yeah, but it’s right next door and still cheaper than buying the cinema’s junk.

ourmaninthenorth

I find it a nuisance but try to remind myself that most of the population are plebs and therefore don’t know any better.

That said, the nadir of cinematic eating was several years ago when Dr North and I went to see Steve McQueen’s extraordinary film Hunger. Just as we’re watching a grotesquely emaciated Fassbender playing Bobby Sands’s final moments, so the woman in front of us opened her handbag and drew out her foil-wrapped sandwiches and proceeded to tuck in.

scaredypants

Last film I went to with my wife (other than kids films) was the full monty
    She’s worried I may kill (again)

when I’m minister in charge of cinemas, it’ll be no straws and the sweets’ll be dispensed out of massive jars into cloth bags

oh, and no ****, obvz

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I saw a couple in the cinema and they each had, ice cream, nachos, bucket of popcorn and a vat of coke.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yes its surprising that they even sell food as it clearly attracts vermin. Frankly if, when I go out in public, the public are there I may well choose to go back in again. They’re disgusting with their breathing and their touching things. It make s my skin crawl.

CountZero

Why the hell not? It’s my chuffin house, and my chuffin telly, and I’ll eat and drink what I damned well please!
    I was getting increasingly twitchy when I went to see Star Wars, waiting to be served for at least ten minutes while the four punters who were in front stocked up on ever-increasing amounts of junk food.
    The only thing I used to buy when I went to the flicks a few years ago was a bag of chocolate Brazil nuts.
    Got too expensive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I know it was linked above but for those not clicking the link

Got to be Battenberg cake FTW 😉

My local cinema serves sensibly priced good beer and wine only problem is it also attracts the sort of movie goers that struggle to last 2hrs without a bathroom trip…

At least for Star Wars there was no talking just the laughts in the right places and no explanation of who anyone was.

rOcKeTdOg

I did date a lady who had a fortnightly cinema visit with her girlfriends & they used to smuggle cans of lager in.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Those rules seem fairly sensible but knitting? Really?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but knitting? Really?

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click etc.

wicki
    Free Member

If you don’t like the public don’t go to a public venue.

jimdubleyou

Hello to Jason Issacs.

and Fairport Convention

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Shower of miserable sods!

Tbh every time I go to the cinema (very rarely these days) I’m reminded of how mentally loud it is. Our local odeon is so loud that if someone was pushing nachos into my ears, I don’t reckon I’d hear them!.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wassup. Can we get a STW corner or would we automatically go straight into pedants corner?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘eating in the cinema’ is closed to new replies.