• This topic has 46 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jonb.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Eat less/Do more Vs iDave
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yeah 50% carbs is way too much. Given that your pancreas is at its most comfortable producing insulin for about 40g of carbs a day, you. like the rest of us, are overdosing.

To reach 2600calories a day I’d have to eat 5x more meat than I do now, and I eat a fair ammount!

toys19
    Free Member

I’d argue that prehistoric remains often show evidence of eating oatmeal type foods and stone age skeletons have been found with the remains of what looks suspiciously like lasagne inside.

[Andy Hayman] What fossilised lasagne? [/Andy Hayman]

If you’ve got proof that agriculture started before the end of the last ice age I would like to see it, as would the whole of the archaeology community. You cannot eat a sustained high levels of carbs without agriculture.

No, but I bet theyre also lobied by Macy D’s, the United States Institute for eating Steak and the Society for the advancment of vegetable based oils (if such groups exist).

When the FDA recommends 65% steak in its diet guidelines I’d say mcd’s would go unprofitable, they don’t want you to eat too much meat its too expensive. There’s is naff all meat in a quarter pounder meal compared tot he carbs.

On that I’m off to McD’s for an early supper.

toys19
    Free Member

To reach 2600calories a day I’d have to eat 5x more meat than I do now, and I eat a fair ammount!

There are not many calories in meat, try fat.

BigJohn

I’d argue that prehistoric remains often show evidence of eating oatmeal type foods and stone age skeletons have been found with the remains of what looks suspiciously like lasagne inside

So they must have died straight after eating it if the remains are still there.

Maybe not all that healthy then?

nacho
    Free Member

I find I eat loads more carbs when I ride. The days I don’t ride I tend to eat a lot less carbs. I’m fairly lucky as in so long as I exercise I maintain a steady weight (used to be around 12st 3lb – 12st 6lb but since cutting out on some carbs when not riding I’m now around 11st 9Lb-11st 12lb (I’m 5’11”))
    Also don’t most athletes eat a lot of carbs? (Big pasta meal night before the race etc)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You counted the calories in your drinks?

I don’t subscribe to either of the classical STW weight loss schools. Neither am I fat, but I do enjoy reading what everyone does. Thanks.

Seriously though Spoony… I don’t reckon you’ve got the head for it. You might lose a bit on one and a bit on the other. But come Xmas you’ll be back to where you started.

jonb
    Free Member

Also don’t most athletes eat a lot of carbs? (Big pasta meal night before the race etc)

Don’t know how many carbs they eat but they don’t do that anymore. People still carboload but it starts days before and you don’t want a massive meal the night before a race as you’ll be bloated the next day.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Eat less/Do more Vs iDave’ is closed to new replies.