Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Easy singletrack around Carnoustie, Dundee
  • gordonb
    Free Member

Hi,

Mrs gordonb is taking a group of Cadets who are novice mtbrs to Carnoustie in July ( part of their anual camp) and was wondering if there were any nice fun easy singletrack in the area that she could use to give them all a taster of biking?

Failing that, any fun routes would be better than nothing.

Gordon

trail_rat
    Free Member

my old stomping ground

presuming as they are cadets they will be staying on barry buddon camp – there are or certainly were plenty trails in the grounds of that up to last year – cant comment on recently ….

failing that if they have transport id reccomend a trip to tentsmuir forest IF and only IF they can find someone who knows the area – took me 3 or 4 trips to get my head round how that place works – really sweet once you got it !

gordonb
    Free Member

thanks trail-rat, I'll let mrs gordonb know… and yes, you're right, they are staying at barry buddon. She can get in contact with the camp.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

theyre trails in camperdown park and templeton woods….not to bad,no technical stuff really and closer than tentsmuir…

gordonb
    Free Member

Thanks cycleworlduk, we were passing Dundee today, so pulled into Templeton woods, and had a wee walk round. Mrs gordonb says to pass on thanks to you, and to trail rat.

KT1973
    Free Member

I tried tentsmuir for the first time today. Some pretty good, fast rolling trails over undulating ground- I expected it to be totally flat. It was good fun and I'll go again

gordonb
    Free Member

cheers KT, I'll let the missus know!

KT1973
    Free Member

Remember to bring a quid for the car park though- I didn't and had to abandon mine miles away

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Easy singletrack around Carnoustie, Dundee’ is closed to new replies.