Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Easy choice – Spoon or Spesh BG?
  • nicko74

In the saddle stakes, I'm ditching my On-One Inbred as it left me with numb plumz. I've heard good things about the Spoon in all its forms, but is it more or less comfortable than a Spesh BG 'breeze to your bits' saddle?

druidh
    Free Member

Specialized do a whole range of BG saddles, so it's hard to know what you're comparing it to.

I have a Spoon on my ChiTi and Specialized Alias, Avatar and Toupe saddles on my other bikes. The Toupe is (perhaps surprisingly) often the comfiest – but then it's also almost 4 times the price.

For the money, I reckon the Spoon is worth a try – and you'll always be able to sell it off 2nd hand if it's really that bad.

karnali
    Free Member

nicko i havea spon and a 143 width spec bg saddle for sale at present, just put 2 fizik saddles on instead. drop me an email if you want to try either or both with a 2nd hand buy. both very good condition. mail add in profile

ta

OmarLittle
    Free Member

the specialized toupe is comfortable even though it doesnt look it. actually initially i found it quite uncomfortable compared to some saddles but after a couple of rides i was used to it and ive never had any problems with numbnuts and the like since.

rather than just picking a specialized bg one at random some bike shops can measure your sit bones to get the one which is the best fit.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

My 3 bikes have a Spoon, Specialized Alias and a Specialized OEM BG thing that came on my FSR. The OEM Spec BG saddle is VERY similar to the Charge Spoon, almost to the point they they both look like rebranded versions of the same far eastern product. The Alias was expensive due to titanium rails, but is nice and comfy. Not noticeably more so than the others though. If I was buying again I'd just spend twenty odd quid on a Spoon.

No more numb plumz on any of these, unlike lots of other crap saddles I had before.

njee20
    Free Member

I like the Toupe on the road, but snapped several using them on MTBs. The Phenom SL is better on the MTB, and I find it extremely comfortable.

Not tried a Spoon, but it's personal and that isn't it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I find SDG Bel Airs more comfy than a Spoon. I thought the Spoon was too flat…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Easy choice – Spoon or Spesh BG?’ is closed to new replies.