• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easton Heist 30 wheels or ARC rims, anyone got any?
  • Reign_Man
    Free Member

As title really, am thinking about getting some Easton Heist wheels or maybe some of the ARC rims and building them up, but am kinda torn between the 27mm and 30mm widths, anyone got any 30’s and wish they had gone for the 27’s?. These will be in 29er flavour. Cheers

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’ve got the ARC 27 in 29er size. Very good, no problems with tubeless, can handle a heavy lump slamming them into things! Wanted the ARC 30 originally but happy with the 27 now I have them.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

cheers, what did you build your ARC 27’s with as I have seen some ARC 27’s built with hope hubs at a good price. Do you know what yours weighed?

zelak999
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a pair of ARC 27’s in 27.5 flavour.
    Had them built on Hope Pro 2’s.
    Easy to set up tubeless, seem pretty sturdy.
    32 spoke as opposed to the Heist wheelsets 28 spokes so probably a bit stronger/heavier.
    Off to BPW tomorrow with them so will report back on strength after that!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

No idea on weight but they are DT 350 hubs and they have also been great so far.

tomat0
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of Heist 30 in 29er flavour.

Weight out of the box with rim strip and valve was 1927g (893g for the front, 1034g for the rear, shimano freehub body)
    Not the lightest but lighter than the ones they replaced and 50% wider. No regrets about opting for the biggest rim…..the 27mm version doesn’t save that much weight if Eastons figures are accurate and I figured if I was doing the wide rim thing I’d do it properly.
    Tubeless setup was easy with Specialized tyres and they stayed solid, with no fluid, for half a day.

Only had one ride on them so far so I’ve no clue how well they’ll hold up in terms of bearing life but the rims seem plenty tough enough…..proper clobbered the rear one at Lee Quarry and can see no damage at all.

For the money I paid (crc offer + bc member discount) I’m pretty pleased with mine.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

That’s what I was thinking, that there doesn’t seem much difference in weight between the 27 and 30, so may as well go wide if I have the choice.

andyg1966

zelak999 – Member
    I’ve just bought a pair of ARC 27’s in 27.5 flavour.

I’m looking for exactly this wheel, can you tell me where from please?

zelak999
    Free Member

andyg -I got Merlin to build them up, I think I had the last stock of the rims though.
    I think SJS cycles had a pair of rims in stock a couple of weeks ago.

andyg1966

Thanks for that zelak999, yes I’m aware of the SJS stock, but they charge full list plus a build charge unlike Merlin

poah
    Free Member

brother in law has the full 27.5 30mm heist wheels from easton. they weight a tiny amount over the spec listed on CRC

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Easton Heist 30 wheels or ARC rims, anyone got any?’ is closed to new replies.