Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Easton Havoc bearing spacer upgrade – anyone know if its available in the UK?
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

I have seen on various web sites that Easton are offering a free bearing spacer upgrade for various hubs to help prevent the premature wear that some suffer from. I have tried emailing Extra asking if they are offering this but have not heard anything back.

Has anyone else apprached them about it?

Thanks

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Ive emailed easton direct, they responded asking for the hub model, so ive emailed back, just waiting for a reply…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thanks for that – I’ll do the same as Easton haven’t got back to me yet.

colinimrod

I emailed Easton USA over the weekend to ask if the upgrade is applicable to us in the UK, and if so to whom we contact. Awaiting response.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s been confirmed as being available in NZ from April onwards.

Hopefully it’ll be easy to get here too.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Email Easton USA.

Watch the video on Youtube, it tells you which specific hub it applies to. It’s only a version of the M1 hub that it’s for (IIRC the Havoc hub is different?)

honourablegeorge

Seems to be available in Ireland, anyhow. If your hub has a “1” at the end of the model number.

“Easton M1 rear hubs are used in EC90 XC, EA90 XC, EC70 Trail, Haven, Haven Carbon, Havoc and EA90XD wheels.”

Easton Updates Bearing Design for Mountain Bike Wheels, Free Upgrade for All

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Extra and Easton but have had no response yet.

I have aslo spoken to CRC who I bought the wheels from and they have said that they are aware if it and will be providing the kits to people who have bought the wheels, however they have no details other than a kit will be available.

Doesn’t seem to be well organised in the UK!

droppinneutron
    Free Member

I got an email today to say mine have been despatched-I first contacted Easton last Thursday so pretty good turnaround I would say

portlyone

Think I saw something on here that might help…

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Easton-Ask-Us-Anything-2013.html

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I emailed direct to Easton USA last week to ask if the UK was covered as I have some Havocs and they said just give them my address and they would get them in the post, done this but haven’t heard if they’ve been dispatched or not yet.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

My Havens are not covered. 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Neither are mine, because they have Hope internals & freehub instead of the crappy Easton bits…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ll email Easton USA and see what they say.

I really like my Easton wheels even though they don’t have the best rep for bearings, although I’m not sure that I’d pay full price for them.

discapade
    Free Member

Any updates on this fellas?

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I was wondering the same thing today, anybody actually got anything yet?

I’ve not heard anything, Easton seemed keen to reply and let me know we’ll be covered here in the UK but that was 2 weeks ago, I also emailed about a week ago asking for any updates as they have my details but nothing, a bit annoying as I’m holding off buying some of their wheels until I know I can get the upgrade stuff for my current wheels and the new set 😐

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve not heard back from Easton or Extra.

I’m going to call Extra tomorrow and find out what the deal is.

CRC where the wheels came from said that they’ll be contacting people who have bought Easton wheels from them in a couple of weeks once they know more.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

my mate got his. e-mailed easton, and the kit turned up 4/5 days later.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Finally had an email back from Extra asking for my address so that the kit can be sent out to me.

Easton USA also responded about the same time too!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Easton Havoc bearing spacer upgrade – anyone know if its available in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.