Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Easton Haven Carbon or Carbon Havocs??? (Bar width content)
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Since Merlin are doing cracking deals on both Carbon Havens and Havocs, should i go for the Havocs 750mm width or the Havens 710mm width?
    What’s the best way of figuring out bar width?

geetee1972
    Free Member

How wide are you bars now and how short is your stem; how tall are you and how wide are your shoulders; what style of riding are you doing and in what bike?

Duane…
    Free Member

When I was building up my bike, I went for Havocs over Havens simply because I wanted wider than 711mm. It’s all personal preference.

Just remember, you can cut them down, you can’t (easily) make them wider.

kayak23

Just get the wider ones and cut them if need be.
    Use lock on grips without barplugs and slide them in to where they would be to try them on a ride.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

@geetee1972

I’m using alloy Haven 711mm bars with a 60mm stem, I’m 5’11 with 18” shoulders.
    Mainly riding trail centres/ Dartmoor/small jumps/xc.
    Bike is a Blur LTc size Large with Fox Floats 36 160’s.
    I guess I’m trying to keep the weight as low as possible at the front because the forks as pretty heavy.
    65g between the Havoc and Haven isn’t a great deal but it all adds up!
    I’ve just borrowed a mates 32 150 floats and the weight difference at the front on the Blur LTc is really noticeable.
    Bit squirrelly on the downhill runs though!

br
    Free Member

What’s the best way of figuring out bar width?

Buy cheap ones first?

godzilla
    Free Member

Havens are sold out now anyway.

Cheezpleez

Buy the wider ones. Bet you like the extra width

geetee1972
    Free Member

I agree, buy the wider bar and cut them down if you can’t get in with them. They will be a little heavier cut down to 711mm than if you bought them that width, but we are talking grams.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Easton Haven Carbon or Carbon Havocs??? (Bar width content)’ is closed to new replies.