Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Easton arc 30 rims…anyone? tough?
  • ton

looking for some new 29” wheels for a build.
    hope hubs with Easton arc rims, are they a tough rim or tough enough for a man mountain………. 😆

zelak999
    Free Member

I’ve had the ARC27’s since November
    They are nice rims but i’ve picked up a couple of dents in the rear wheel.
    I think i’d go for Stans or DT swiss next time.
    If you are a heavy rider or just plough through big stuff i’d look elsewhere!

ton

noted…..I better look at something else.

benpinnick

I’m looking at a dented set right now.. done in by a featherweight 13 yr old. Personally I would go with XM481 or the new 30mm EX* DT rims if you want bulletproofness.

* When they become available in shops.

poah
    Free Member

depends on what you use them for and how much tyre pressure you use. They are a general trail rim.

you can get the 30mm 471ex rim the now

ajr
    Free Member

The Halo 35 rims are very good.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ton, have a look at either Halo above, or WTB i30 or i35, bombproof rims.

honourablegeorge

Tell us more.about these new DT rims, Ben?

benpinnick

As with all wheels DT swiss the rims follow soon enough after the wheels launch. Expect the rims on these https://www.dtswiss.com/Wheels/MTB-Wheels/EX-1501-Spline-ONE-30 to drop soon as EXxxx rims.

honourablegeorge

I just found them on one of the German sites – EX511. They lok prtty good to me, 525g or so 30m internal

(as does that wheelset)

benpinnick

Ahh, OK, I didnt know they were out in the wild so I was hedging my bets on not revealing some DT secret 😉

Yeah they are pretty good 🙂 Built a few up just this week.

sillyoldman

Rims are likely to only be 27.5 though as with the EX1501 wheels in that width option. Go for XM 511 if you want the tyre profile that provides, or EX 471 if you want strength.

zelak999
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

I just found them on one of the German sites – EX511. They lok prtty good to me, 525g or so 30m internal

(as does that wheelset)

Have you got a link to the german site please?

Tracey

I would be tempted to go with the WTB i35 built onto Hope hubs and let 18 Bikes build them.
    If I was feeling a bit flush then would go with Sixth Element SE38 on Hope hubs.
    I think that’s the way Kevin will go as he’s a bit unsure about the strength of the 24 spoke front Roval Fattie that he’s running.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Easton arc 30 rims…anyone? tough?’ is closed to new replies.