Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • East Anglia Meet Up
  • readikus

Just testing the water to judge interest, but who’s up for a big group ride sometime soon? I’ve been meaning to put together a big loop around Thetford for ages that takes in Brandon Country Park, High Lodge trails and stuff at Santon Downham. Cake/jacket potato stop(s), of course and lots of bike chat type of stuff. Who fancies it?

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Yeah – I would like to join in if the date fits. I’m over Cambridge way so try to get over to Thetford once in a while. Never done a group ride around there so it would be nice to try. Anyone else?

EDIT – so long as it’s not at racing pace the whole way round!

Stu

readikus

Excellent. I was thinking chilled pace 🙂

mrben100
    Free Member

Date dependant I may well be interested.

theraggyone
    Free Member

possably it would depend on the date. im based in Cambridge too

yomstar
    Free Member

Yup, I would be up for that, assuming that I am free that day. It would be great doing a little exploring around there.

willard

Another member from Cambridge way here. Also dependent on the day though, but it sounds like a damned good idea.

letmetalktomark

Throw my keys in the hat.

mrben100
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – Member
    Throw my keys in the hat.

Oh bugger, didn’t realise it was going to be one of those type of gatherings 😯 …..then again, it is Thetford after all.

Ogg

yep dependant on dates I’m up for it

dekadanse
    Free Member

Likewise, if the date’s right I’ll be there.
    Also maybe consider Rendlesham and Tunstall Forests, and Dunwich Heath and Forest as good places for a mass tootle………

slowjo
    Free Member

Just keep away from the Gay Trail around dark ok? woof woof!

cheers_drive

Date allowing I’m in. Ely based

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m up for coming along at least for a couple of miles – see how I go!! Will most likely be first time back on bike after 3 months now…

I’ll start, realise I’m not ready and then meet you all at the end for a quick drink. 🙂

Rachel

Militant_biker

I’d be up for this – like many, date dependant.

Edit. I’m just north of Cambridge

pmc00per
    Free Member

I’m newmarket based, so date dependent I would be interested.

I think slowjo is our local Timber representative, so he might be able to link us up with the local trail builders

samuri
    Free Member

Why are you all discussing it here, can’t you all talk about it at the next family meeting? 😉

letmetalktomark

We aren’t all originally from these parts 😉

moniex
    Free Member

Yep, the husband and I are up for it.

grueller
    Free Member

st neots based but up for it depending on dates

bobalong
    Free Member

I’m in too, I live in norwich but only get there once or twice a year.

Can I suggest the last weekend in July?

deano8
    Free Member

St Neots based here to, up for it depending on date.

mrben100
    Free Member

Finally someones actually mentioned a date 😆

Sandwich

I could be at this one as it will be a local ride for local people. Cake could be made and brought along. Ipswich based so about an hour away.

Moe

Sounds good! I live three minutes ride from BCP. Saturday there’s the Summer Enduro, TIMBER will have an EZup there for our riders, stop by and say hello. I’m doing six hour solo but it’d be nice to put some names to faces.

I think Santon Downham will be a bit limited by end of July by ferns and nettles but there are a few sections that stay clear (one in particular that’s worthwhile!).

I also should say that I’m the TIMBER Chair at the moment, Slowjo is the Grand Master enjoying retirement

dekadanse
    Free Member

Please NOT the last weekend in July – it’s WOMAD time!
    The weekend after would be good though………

readikus

Excellent response!

How about: July 14th – Brandon Country Park’s car park @ 9AM

I will be in a sky blue Peugeot estate, with a Santa Cruz Highball.

Moe – I will hunt you down on Saturday 😉 I am doing 10 in a pair, and camping Friday/Saturday night.

scud
    Free Member

I’m up for this (he says without permission yet from Mrs Scud)

Think of it as a return match for Swinley last weekend

Paul

cr500dom
    Free Member

Hi Ian, Hi Moe 😀

Yep Im up for this as always, and Ill see you both on Sat as doing the Enduro with Dave A – 8 hr pairs 🙄

Be nice to show people that Thetford is a hell of a lot more than just the red route / High Lodge ;o)

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Colchester based should be able to pop up(day pass required will clear it) I’ll bring my brother as well he’s not on here but will prob be up for it.

jamiea
    Free Member

Another one just north of Cambridge here; we were supposed to be going on holiday that weekend but that’s been put back a week. Will put it by the keeper-of-the-family-diary!

Cheers,
    Jamie

cheers_drive

Gah, I’ll be in the alps on the 14th.

bol

Bother. I can’t do the 14th, as moving house the next day, but would be well up for something at the end of July. I reckon one or two others from the Norwich chapter might be up for it too.

letmetalktomark

I’m in.

Blue Solaris or Pipedream with Lefty oh and early 90’s lycra*

See you then.

Mark

*Top only I mean top and normal baggies ….. I’m sure you know what I mean 😆

willard

Bugger, I’m on holiday that weekend. Y’all have fun now y’hear!

Moe

How about organising something quarterly?

Readikus, I’ll be bringing our EzUp over from High Lodge tomorrow night after the running event 😕 I’m organising (11 plate red Astra), can’t hang about though, got to get back and polish off the Wibbly Wobbly Ale!

Shameless plug (and OT):
    If anyone fancies a five mile run on Friday evening (7.30 start at High Lodge) maybe before doing the Summer Enduro 😆 there will be entries on the night! (bottle of Wibbly Wobbly Ale for all finishers)

See the Singletrack from a different perspective!

Sandwich

Oh well, 14th is the day after the daughters wedding. As I’m paying for the shindig I had better attend.

stylish
    Free Member

Busy on the 14th, but have fun all, Thetford is good fun if you the best bits, nice and fast and the cafe at BCP is always busy.

8 hour pairs at the Enduro for me, riding in my Revel Colours, Most likely be found behind a black Honda Crv boiling the kettle..

Argonaut
    Free Member

Sounds good, I’m just up the road in Diss. Been riding @Thetford for about 15 years, but there’s always new stuff to find.
    Cheers

mrben100
    Free Member

Goodwood on the 13th, so will need t get another permission slip signed!

I’ll be on the only trek in the world if one of my recent threads is anything to go by 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘East Anglia Meet Up’ is closed to new replies.