Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Easton Arc rims?
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

I’m after some Arc 27mm 27.5 but can’t find anyone with them instock, anyone got a clue when they’re due or if anyone knows somewhere with stock?

Thanks

mboy
    Free Member

Spoke to Silverfish the other day, they had just had a delivery but we’re all on back order.

Great rims FWIW, hence they’re selling out so quickly.

mccraque

Just riding along were showing them as available a couple of days ago

boxxer7
    Free Member

mccraque No stock showing for the 27mm but it has got instock from the 16th so I will keep an eye out, thanks for that!

tom85_4
    Free Member

CRC was showing them in stock over the weekend, managed to pick a pair of 650b, 27mm up Friday.

boxxer7
    Free Member

No stock currently, I must have missed them on crc

philstone

Wow.. seems like there’s a few of us all looking for the same! Merlin have some, but they won’t sell them separately.. 🙁

hatter

Maybe go with DT 481’s, they’re 2.5 mm wider and about the same weight, plenty of them about at the moment.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I can find arc 30s but don’t really want to go 30mm so the DT481s must be 29.5mm?

stevied
    Free Member

481’s are 35mm external, 30mm internal

andyg1966

Go ARC30, little difference in weight. My Ardent 2.25’s fit nicely with a good profile.

Buy the Easton Heist wheelset as an option. Same rim, ready taped and potentially cheaper?

honourablegeorge

Probably has Easton hubs though…..

mccraque

except you’re tied into Easton hubs. which, from experience are not up to an English winter.

Best rims I own. Worst hubs.

Rik
    Free Member

Just wish I knew the weight of the new 27.5 Arc 45 rims for plus bikes that they showed at The cycle shows recently

boxxer7
    Free Member

Easton hubs are definitely a non starter, a friend had a set and the rear hub was a nightmare and he doesn’t ride a massive amount.

The clearance on the back of the patrol isn’t great, don’t want to end up with zero clearance if its going to make the tyres huge…..

Rik
    Free Member

Oh, Silverfish just mailed to say the new Easton arc 45 weighs 674g if any body is interested.

poah
    Free Member

nothing wrong with the current easton hubs on the heist wheel set.

mboy
    Free Member

Easton hubs are definitely a non starter, a friend had a set and the rear hub was a nightmare and he doesn’t ride a massive amount.

I’d wholeheartedly agree about the previous generations of Easton hubs, they could be a right PITA for the home mechanic.

The new hubs however… Much simpler. Nothing to adjust, just bang out the old bearings and press some new ones in when they’re worn out, and the freehub is supposed to be a lot more reliable too.

As another bonus, the straight pull spokes are the same length all round, front and back, and every wheelset comes with a handful of spares in the box too…

nonk
    Free Member
    boxxer7
    Free Member

nonk, did you get caught for import duty? how much was postage?

pigyn
    Free Member

Plenty of room in the back of a Patrol for an ARC30 – I have them in my carbon, sold them with lots of frame packages and it comes standard on the Build 1. Great rims as well!

And now should be in stock everywhere.

boxxer7
    Free Member

pigyn

Ive got roam 50s in my patrol C currently and Ive had some issues with mud clearance (its really claggy locally)which as worn the paint back to the carbon on the chainstay.

Thats why i was looking for the 27s, didn’t want to make it any worse but i might just give in and go 30mm.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Easton Arc rims?’ is closed to new replies.