Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • earphones for riding
  • blackshaw
    Free Member

I’ve been using koss spark plugs but the sound has gone from one side, apparently a common problem, but they were cheap? any ideas for decent replacements?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Birdsong, wind, trail buzz, the banter of your friends, etc. etc. etc.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I agree. Why???

0091paddy
    Free Member

Most riders will find some time either riding or training on their own, and enjoy the company of some music while riding… 🙄

CaptJon
    Free Member

My eyes use up all my brain power so i barely hear anything when riding off road, making earphones pointless. However, these are excellent and i use them on my computer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koss-PortaPro-Quality-Sound-Stereophone/dp/B00001P4ZH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1242508842&sr=1-1

May not be practical depending on size/shape of head/helmet…

JxL
    Free Member

I quite enjoy listening to music while on long solo rides, it takes my mind off the gruelling pain of climbing and I found that with music I complete my usual laps a lot quicker.

Bought some sony MDR-AS50 headphones, work very well and keep the wind out of my ears on windy days (really hate the feeling sometimes). It was £15 from play.com but now they seem to have been sold out.

blackshaw
    Free Member

cheers jxl,have just ordered Sony MDREX32LPB as they appear similar but have an even more actchy name? for about the same price. I agree thers a lot to be said for enjoying the birdsong etc, but sometimes i like the music, and i agree it does speed up lap times and gets the mood going on the downhill courses.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Link to buy Creative EP-550

I have these. The “On ear” rather than “in ear” type, so you can hear what is going on around you. Never come off and cost beans (£9 delivered), so it doesn’t matter when you break or loose them.

They sound pretty good too.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

ultimate ears are excellent ear phones

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ll bite. When riding alone I have to have headphones to drown out the sound of my heart beat and breathing, or that makes me feel even more knackered 😀 For the commute to work I like to drown out the sound of the traffic, ears are poor at identifying traffic locations, far better to just LOOK if you think there may be traffic nearby, especially with the advent of the Prius – those feckers can sneak up on you totally silently and you’re far better off to just assume you need to visually connect with everything rather than hope your ears pick things up.

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t really like riding with headphones other than the commute. That said, I use sennheiser CX300 for that sort of thing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘earphones for riding’ is closed to new replies.