Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Early Rider Belter vs Frog 48
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’m trying to decide between these two bikes for my boy who is about to turn 4.

There’s a bit of a price gap between the Frog at £205 and the Belter at £289 (best price – rrp £349). The Belter is 1.3kg lighter than the Frog which to a 4 year old, could be quite a significant difference.

Does anyone own either of these bikes and how are the little ones getting on?

Cheers.

akira

Belter is awesome, tyres bit slippy on proper mud but it’s easy to ride and pretty much zero maintenance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Little Miss CFH has a Belter and it’s a, erm, belter of a bike! Super simple, very well made and looks brilliant. Neutral colours, too, if resale or hand me down is on the cards.

Re the weight issue, I’d say it’s less about the child and more about the adult having to carry the bike!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

My little dude currently has the Early Rider Alley Runner balance bike so the Belter would be a nice upgrade.

dizcostix
    Free Member

my lad moved form an islabike rothan to the belter. The lighter weight is definitely worth it for him and as said above, next to zero maintenance because of the belt which also means it stays cleaner!

I looked at the frog first and it was nice, but when i saw the belter in a shop you notice how much of a better build the belter is. I’m really pleased with it.

minley1
    Free Member

My little boy has the Belter, it’s a great bit of kit, I changed the tyres for a some Schwalbe Black Jacks, and popped a Couple of Carbon stem spacers on (everyone needs some carbon !), he loves it. As above neutral colour so can be used by the next one, and very well made/thought out.

bornonaboat

continental explorer tyres also fit well and are cheap. i know they are not a current stw favourite but they work pretty well for kids.

rOcKeTdOg

Early rider for the parents, frog for the kids as a) it’s got a frog on it b) they come in bright colours

Weight & spec don’t matter to kids, colours & cute animals do* are you buying it for you or for the child?

*based on sales in the shop when child is present

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Depends what car you drive. That will dictate which one you will buy.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I own an Audi A6*, an Orange Five, Cotic Soul and will soon buy a Rocket R58 Espresso

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I own an Audi A6*, an Orange Five, Cotic Soul and will soon buy a Rocket R58 Espresso and no, I am not in IT!

I guess that makes my first choice fairly obvious.

*Essential with three under fours!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’d say frog, we’ve other 4 of them now. Once you go to the 20″ wheeled belter the stand over goes to rat shit and you need to have long legs to ride one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Early Rider Belter vs Frog 48’ is closed to new replies.