Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • early morning weekday exercise – how easy, sustainable, tips ?
  • IHN

Haven’t read the thread so apologies if similar said already, but one morning a week a do half an hour on the rollers, straight out of bed (ish). Alarm at 7, yawn/pee/kit on/quick coffee/fanny about sorting music/bike/rollers out I’m actually on them for about 7:30.

I then do warm up of

1 minute just spinning
    10 secs fast spinning/10 sec easy spinning
    20 secs fast spinning/20 sec easy spinning
    30 secs fast spinning/30 sec easy spinning
    40 secs fast spinning/40 sec easy spinning
    50 secs fast spinning/50 sec easy spinning
    1 min fast spinning/1 min easy spinning

then into ‘main’ exercise of eight reps of

40 secs hard as I can, in highest gear, 20 secs easy spinning in lower gear.

Finish with five minute easy-spinning cool down

I think that’s 21 minutes total, but it’s knackering.

Ten minutes stretching/cooling down/having another coffee then hit the shower, get dressed, go to work.

No breakfast (but the I don’t eat breakfast anyway, I find it’s the best way for me to maintain a reasonable weight)

richmtb

I commute by bike but in Glasgow over the winter its dark, wet, cold and windy and generally not all that pleasant. Its not the weather that really gets to me but the darkness.

The dark never really bothered me. I actually feel pretty safe with 2 lights at both ends and plenty of reflectives. I think you stand out a lot more on a dark night than on a dreich day in the daylight hours.

Icy roads were what really put me off

Gary_M
    Free Member

The dark never really bothered me. I actually feel pretty safe with 2 lights at both ends and plenty of reflectives. I think you stand out a lot more on a dark night than on a dreich day in the daylight hours.

I’m the same. I feel less visible in daylight, in the rain than I do in the dark nights. I like riding in the dark.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘early morning weekday exercise – how easy, sustainable, tips ?’ is closed to new replies.