Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ear piercing
  • philjunior
    Free Member

So, I hadn’t given much thought to this before but my daughter got a jewelry making kit for her birthday recently.

This included some earring making things, so naturally she asked her mum if she could get her ears pierced. Her mum naturally said fine as long as your dad is OK with it.

I don’t really mind as long as she knows it’ll hurt and that she’ll have to keep the earrings in, and as long as the school isn’t bothered by it (I’m not sure how quickly she’ll get around to it).

Would you have a different opinion? Am I being an unusually easy going dad? It won’t change my mind, just interested to get others opinion.

johnners
    Free Member

Simple ear piercing wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if I thought she’d be up for the hygiene while it healed.

GrahamS

Wouldn’t really bother me – but then I got mine pierced when I was 16 without consulting my folks.

My only concerns would be potentially getting trouble at school (our local school doesn’t allow any jewellery at all including earrings) and the potential for injury if she fails to keep them clean or she decides to wear those massive hoops that are just asking to get caught on something.

If she is into any physical/contact sports then make sure she realises she’ll need to remove them. Seems obvious but I’ve seen a torn earlobe and it wasn’t pretty.

SaxonRider

I can’t remember when my daughter got hers done. I know she was pretty young, though.

I was all for it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Surprised at any school not allowing simple gold studs – that is the rule all our local schools have (ie, plain gold studs only are acceptable).

IMO, I don’t have a problem with my daughters getting their ears pierced if they want to (when they are old enough – we have said they can when they go to secondary school).

Cougar

Non-event IMHO.

Go somewhere that uses a needle rather than a stud gun. It’ll heal a lot faster and hurt less.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It starts at the the edge…and then…

*edit (random pic of extremely modified face and head)

Which is ok if that’s your bag! Yeahhh baby!

philjunior
    Free Member

Haha, yeah when she asks to get a unicorn horn implant fitted I’ll draw the line there I reckon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ear piercing’ is closed to new replies.