Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Eagles @ Penmachno, still open?
  • robob
    Free Member

I have emailed and called with no response, and thinking about it left a message with them a month ago with something else in mind with no response. But the website is live and the ansaphone still on.

Googled it and its for sale (hmmmm, now there’s an idea!) so I’m not sure wether their open or not!

Does anyone know?

honourablegeorge

Be sad if that closed – have very fond memories of coming back there after a snow-covered, wet, dirty, freezing lap of penmachno and diving into a warm shower. It’s a shower that will stay with me forever.

robob
    Free Member

they are still open, yay!

Neil-S
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack robo, but I’m staying there soon and was wondering if anyone knows if they do food in the pub?

Cheers!

Neil.

Klunk
    Free Member

is it under new management ? as it was up for sale for quite a while and is (last time i looked) no longer on the market. Have to say never really liked it in there, can’t say why, just seemed odd/off.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I stayed there last New Year, it’s a great place. Be a real shame if it shut. They didn’t do food as I remember.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I found the people nice enough and helpful. And some of the locals were chatty enough too. We did have an ill advised incident with “dragon”:

My friend had made up a Pinata stuffed with sweets, in the shape of dragon! Now Penmachno is one of the most Welsh valleys so I was quite concerned at the reaction we English would get smashing up the national symbol with batons in the street!

War did not break out, but the publican pinched all the sweets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Eagles @ Penmachno, still open?’ is closed to new replies.