Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • E150 fork aftermarket hub
  • enduroforever
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to find a nice hub to fit the E150 spesh fork? The standard wheels are not strong enough and I’m thinking of having some wheels build preferably on hope hubs. Any info would be greatly appreciated

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you ever had to replace the bearings on it? Has it ever broken? If not then it’s a reliable hub and you’d be best sticking with it.
    Remember, a front hub is just a tube with a couple of flanges for spokes and some bearings pressed in. Why bother spending money for a virtually identical tube with a different name on it? Just pop some top quality (SKF or similar) bearings in it and it’s as good as any hub at any price. 🙂

enduroforever
    Free Member

If I’m going to be honest I want a new one so I can color match it with the new rear one that I will be getting. I suppose I could just have it painted. Also just wanted to know out of interest as I have seen different hubs fitted to these type of fork before and wanted to know how they did it

orangeboy
    Free Member

Don’t think you have a choice other than to use the Spesh one but with a new rim
    The axle is a rather unique size if I rember

godzilla
    Free Member

Have you broken the original wheels?

enduroforever
    Free Member

Yea it’s 25mm. I was at my lbs yesterday they had one hub left and said they are getting very hard to get hold of I was tempted to buy it just incase I ever do need one.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Yea broke a wheel last week and my rear wheel is nearly hanging off. Might buy a new one tommora after hamsterly

godzilla
    Free Member

Rough arse. What’s broke about it?

enduroforever
    Free Member

Keep breaking the nipples and bending the rims. Riding like a god is not doing them any good lol

godzilla
    Free Member

Keeping up with Kev is killing your bike.

enduroforever
    Free Member

I have to agree with you there mate Kev and strava have a lot to answer for lol

jamj1974

I’ve got a brand spanking new one for sale if anyone is interested. Never used or built up.

wolly
    Free Member

You’d be better getting your new wheels built with your existing hub, it’s only the rim/nipples that are breaking

Bregante

I had a 2008 enduro with the e150 fork and did a fair amount of rooting about for alternative hubs. Industry Nine were doing wheelsets with 25mm hubs a few years ago and are highly regarded (mainly in the states as I recall) but a search on MTBR’s forums should locate quite a lengthy thread on the subject.

wolly
    Free Member

Mtbr forum Click

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘E150 fork aftermarket hub’ is closed to new replies.