Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E Yorks – Beverley, Hull, Cottingham
  • tartanscarf

I'll be heading down to a trade show in Cottingham near Hull for a few days next month. Is Hull itself worth a visit (pubs/good food/pics/theatre) etc., or what about Cottingham itself or Beverley? Never been down that way so need some info.

Cheers
    TS

white101

Hull has its redeeming features, Cottingham is a nice little place beverly has some open spaces and a racecourse and wild cows.
    I'm no Gloria Hunniford, apologies

Philby

Some lovely bits in the older part of Hull near the docks – Land of Green Ginger. Also worth visiting The Deep (an aquarium). Much of the rest of Hull is avoidable IMO.
    Cottingham has a couple of good pubs, but little else.
    Beverley would be my choice to go out to – lovely market town with loads of pubs.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Hull was only ever worth a visit by the Luftwaffe.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get yourself to Spiders Nightclub in Hull (if it still there). Great place and you can drink a Pangalacticgargleblaster 🙂

smogmonster

I grew up in Hull and Beverley, so know the area well. As above, the Docks and Land of Green Ginger are nice, as is the Marina. The Deep is great, and also try the Town Docks and William Wilberforce Museums. Princes Quay Shopping Centre is worth a mooch, especially the indie shops on the top floor. Beverley has a lovely Minster and some nice shops. If its sunny, and you have a car, the East Coast has some nice beaches, especially Spurn Point.
    I dont know if Spiders is still there…if you go, wear your crappiest clothes, its a dive, but great..and you have to try the PanGalacticGargleBlaster and the Wiggly Worm, their own creations which were (are?) dirt cheap and guaranteed to make you fall over. Wipe your feet on the way out though. The Beverley Road pub crawl is another fave.
    There isnt much in Cottingham, its just a (very) big village – local rumour is that its the biggest village in Europe, whether its true is anyones guess. Its Student Hell otherwise.
    Dalby Forest is only an hours drive away……

smogmonster

Nearly forgot….'Tower for an hour' The worlds worst nightclub…see the locals strip for the chance to win £25!!! (They can afford to replace their dentures i guess) Go at your own peril!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘E Yorks – Beverley, Hull, Cottingham’ is closed to new replies.