Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E-Trike hire
  • belugabob
    Free Member

My wife struggles to ride her bike, since having a leg operation, a couple of years ago.
    Not only does she have problems with overall strength uphill (which she always struggled with, to be honest) but when she is tired, and wants to stop, her leg will often give way as she puts her foot on the ground.
    The solution seems to be an e-trike, as this would help with overall effort involved, and allow her to come to a stop without having to hold the bike up.

Now, such a thing is not cheap, so some kind of test would seem to be in order. Does anybody know of a place that rents e-trikes, so we can go for a realistic test ride – preferably somewhere with a traffic free route (on a repurposed railway line, for instance)
    We’re based in Sussex, so somewhere in that area would be preferred, but we’re visiting Swansea later in the year, so that would be an option.

Cheers

bencooper
    Free Member

Have a serious look at a recumbent e-trike – upright trikes are much less stable. I do quite a few, but I’m in Glasgow – nearer you there’s Bikefix in London, London Recumbents, or D-Tek in Cambridgeshire.

belugabob
    Free Member

Ignoring the cost of recumbents (even if I could have located an e-recumbent anywhere) I think that getting in and out of the low seat would be an issue.
    As far as the stability of an upright trike is concerned, I don’t think that will be an issue for the type of riding (bimbling) that my wife does.

Moses

Jorvik Tricycles in York certainly provide test rides, im not sure about hire.
    My father is considering one when he stops driving at 92.

dropoff

Wouldn’t it be great if someone made a powered sidecar type of thing that fitted to a normal bike sort of thing ??

belugabob
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be great if someone made a powered sidecar type of thing that fitted to a normal bike sort of thing ??

I tried one of those but, apparently, I was wearing the wrong trousers 😉

chevychase

Almost actually lolled at that 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘E-Trike hire’ is closed to new replies.