Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • e-thirteen range expander skipping
  • scaled
    Free Member

This is driving me insane.

New: Cassette 11-36 sram
    New: SRAM chain
    New: Raceface 32t narrow wide chainring, spaced out as much as I can to sort the chainline on double cranks.
    New: 42t E-thirteen SRAM range extender.

It shifts up on the E-thirteen ring fine and dandy, shifting across the whole cassette is 100%, it’s just that the bloody thing skips like a bastard, it’s unrideable.

It skips in the workstand as well, it’s not climbing on to the edges on the chain like it’s trying to shift, it’s riding up in to the chain links then snapping back down causing the skip. I’ve tweaked the b tension all over the place and can’t find any set up that works.

Any suggestions? I did the whole of Llandegla with 32×36 as my lowest gear, my legs hurt.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It doesn’t just need an adjustment on the limit screw does it ?

scaled
    Free Member

Nah, tweaked all that from not shifting up to sending the chain on to the spokes.

It’s driving me nuts

Northwind

Is it just riding up on the range extender cog, or on others?

scaled
    Free Member

Just the range extender, other 9 gears are faultless, perfectly indexed and driving well

pinetree
    Free Member

Have you set the B-tension properly?
    Also, what’s the age/mileage of the chain & cassette?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

pinetree – Member
    Have you set the B-tension properly?
    Also, what’s the age/mileage of the chain & cassette?

Did you read any of the original post ?

Andy-R

scaled – Member
    This is driving me insane.

New: Raceface 32t narrow wide chainring, spaced out as much as I can to sort the chainline on double cranks.

When you say “spaced out” which way do you mean – to the left (NDS) presumably?
    What’s the chainline as it stands now?

pinetree
    Free Member

Clearly not- then again I did reply at around 7:20am while sat on the toilet, so forgive me if I was not 100% switched on.

I know a couple of guys who have the e13 cogs, who haven’t had any problems (running very similar setups to the OP.)

It can only really be a question of limits, tension and B-Tension IMO. If the derailleur were sitting correctly below the cog, you wouldn’t be having issues.
    Stupid question- it is definitely a 10sp chain you’ve got, yeah?

Northwind

Is it riding up at the top or bottom, or all round? (if it’s at the top you’d expect that to rule out b-screw etc). Am I right to think it’s basically acting a bit like a stretched chain and riding up onto the teeth?

I’ve got a OneUp one and to be fair it was a **** to set up in the first instance but not like this

scaled
    Free Member

Exactly that Northwind, it’s up on the teeth then snaps back in.

I don’t really want to have to drop another £60 on a T-rex – This is the first time i’ve actually wished i’d brought something from a LBS, of course, no LBS would have had them in stock…

rogermoore

Could you remove the 42t cog and go back to the standard 11-36 setup to check that it isn’t the chainline causing the problem?
    RM.

scaled
    Free Member

Yeah, i’ll give it a whirl. – I might stick a chainring on the inside of the double and see if it still skips

I doubt it’s that though as the 36 is working fine

gt900uk
    Free Member

Ever work out the cause of this?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘e-thirteen range expander skipping’ is closed to new replies.