Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • € filled travel card
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Any tips on these travel cards you can get these days please.

The ones you fill up with holiday money.

nickdavies

I use revolut, been through quite a few of them and i find that’s the best one.

Has an app for balance, topping up etc, works well. Accepted pretty much everywhere – watch out for filling stations on the continent though I’ve never found a currency card that works with the automated ones.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Heard about the filling stations issue.

Is it only automated ones?

eyestwice
    Free Member

Any reason for it? I use Curve on a daily basis and it’s particularly good when abroad – no bank fees.

You can also withdraw cash from your credit card without paying a cash advance fee, it’s just classed as a standard transaction.

I now only carry my Curve card with me anywhere. I can use the app to determine which actual card I’m paying on. If I lose it then I can cancel it immediately through their app and I still have my actual bank cards to use whilst I await a replacement.

Absolute genius.

https://www.imaginecurve.com

Cougar

FairFX.

As others have said though, useless at French petrol stations (most things seem to be other than credit cards and cash).

griptool
    Free Member

Just came back from a 3 week trip to oz and Bali. I didn’t want to carry too much cash so used a Revolut card for the first time. It was a resounding success, got accepted everywhere (even in the dingiest Indonesian Hell holes lol), easy to top up as and when and better than bank or money changer exchange rate.

Would recommend but as mentioned above might be a problem when buying fuel (Could always use it at an atm(charges apply over 200 quid a month(but still cheaper than your bank card)) and pay cash for fuel).

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers for the thread – Travelex’s Supercard is coming to an end in July 🙁 so we needed something else. Have ordered a Curve and a Revolut. I do like the look of that Curve card though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘€ filled travel card’ is closed to new replies.