Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • E-bike kneepadtrackworld.
  • greatbeardedone
    Free Member

As I’m too piggin fat, an e-bike kit is on the cards.
    And having been knocked off my bike a couple of months ago, I’m also considering knee protection. The swelling’s just started to dissipate now (ooh missus!).

I reckon that a knee pad for e-bike use won’t have to be at the cutting edge of design, given the work done by the electric motor.

Would inline skating or hockey pads work as well in this scenario?

Nothing too radical, riding-wise, just the usual shunts and scrapes.

Given that we’ll mostly be on e-bikes by the year 2020, any thoughts?

cookeaa

Given that we’ll mostly be on e-bikes by the year 2020, any thoughts?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

An

kayak23

Would inline skating or hockey pads work as well in this scenario?

Perhaps not. You want pads designed for pedalling movement. Cycling specific pads. You’re still pedalling despite the motor.

psycorp
    Free Member

Or which is worse.

cookeaa

uphillcursing – Member
    An

I know, I think that Meme illustrates it’s point wonderfully and you’re still left wondering if it’s even intentional…

Far subtler than starting another e-bike related thread.

buckster
    Free Member

tomhoward

OP, after a ride…

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@kayak23

I guess that with an electric assist, there’s less emphasis on the knee pad having to keep your knees cool. There are of course other design considerations…protection, flexibility and not sliding down.

andyl
    Free Member

or maybe you could cycle just as hard AND use the electric assist and go faster and thus crash harder and need some pretty good protection.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@tomhoward

great picture, but is anywhere safe from the uber-driver?

I was thinking whether general sports knee protection would suffice. Something like this…

http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-smash-knee-pads-mens-752021

Other retailers are available…

I had a look at some of the other threads on knee pads, and as they say ‘the quest continues’ in search of the ideal kneepad. They all seem to have their foibles, whether it’s fit, longevity or protection/ coverage.

So, I got to thinking about how cheap can you go for knee protection, assuming that you’re not looking for the ultimate performing knee pad?

Fairly reasonable question. Not everyone wants to spend £60 on something that’s designed for radical riding.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@andly

Not long after being rammed off my bike, so thoughts of getting radical and styling it are not top of my priorities.;)

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Realistically I’m prolly better off with a couple of those medical type knee supports at the mo. Still hurts!

And Im going to need to use the heart rate monitor when out ondabike.

Maybe the thread should have been ‘kneerehabilitationtrackworld”

Thanks all for the contributions!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘E-bike kneepadtrackworld.’ is closed to new replies.