• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dyson v Gtech VAC wars
  • jonelli

What’s best
    Any recommendations ? Muddy bikes fault we need a new one !!!

mlbaker
    Free Member

Henry Hoover

wiggles
    Free Member

Henry (well i’ve got a james as it was on offer)

Just works, never had to do anything to it and sucks up a lot more stuff than my old hoover that was on paper twice as powerful.

RustySpanner

Just got a George.
    Very impressed so far.

Replaced a Tesco cheap own brand that was a Which? best buy about 20 years ago.

Still have a Kirby that Mrs S has had for years – awful.
    Make a good anchor.

prettygreenparrot

For carpets and hard floors I’d recommend a Dyson. I just bought a hand-held Dyson (‘fluffy’) to help with the stairs. I got fed up of being the only one brave enough to use the DC50 on the stairs.

If you want to suck up fine dust (plaster) or chunks (cardboard, paper, big bits of food) a Dyson is not for you. They choke on chunks.

I just like the Dyson design and the ability to see and hear when it is working or struggling.

I’ve used Henrys and the like in commercial settings. They’re fine. They really work in workshops and the like.

used a Kirkby. They’re…heavy. And expensive.

RustySpanner

Used Dysons in work and they do work very well.

Went for a Numatic after seeing what our builder’s Henry coped with.
    🙂

mlke
    Free Member

Not buying a Dyson again after that fool promoted Brexit.
    And obviously no more JCBs for me either

frankconway

Sebo

fettlin

Dyson for a quick spin around, day to day stuff. For the heavy stuff (DIY or lately sawdust in the garage) a Karcher does a very nice job.

Just don’t try and drag it around, it acts like a drunk kitten 😀

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Bought one of the Dyson cordless things recently and its brilliant. Small, powerful, wall mountable and convenient.
    Had a Henry before it and although that was better than the very first Dyson (which was crap) the new Dyson we have is fantastic.

Battery lasts for ~10mn, but I find that you use it differently. A bit here and there rather than spending an hour and cleaning the whole house.

Stoner
    Free Member

dyson handhelds are sublime in use, but bloody awful when it comes to emptying them.

No doubt the chaps and girls in charge of aerodynamics and airflow and conical bollox etc are all utter geniuses, but the tossers that are in charge of how the crap is collected and emptied should be shot.

The only vacuum I’ve owned that requires a chopstick and an airline to empty it.

But, it is reet nice to wander around the house with though.

I’ll get a GRAM next time though,

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jamj1974

Have both here. G-Tech is good but not as powerful as Dyson. It’s good for ‘top up’ vacuuming during the week.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We have a Dysoncordless, a Miele and a Henry. Henry is perfect workshop, plaster, garage but shit around the house. Dyson very convenient for quick jobs but shit to empty and doesn’t like building waste. Miele is quicker to use than Dyson for the whole house, does a better job, is easy to empty and will cope with larger crap.

Dyson gets used most. Miele is best.

iainc

2 Dysons here, a push around and a cordless. Ideal for a modern house with young kids.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dyson v Gtech VAC wars’ is closed to new replies.