Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Dyson hot. Really?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

WT actual F?
    It’s a fan heater for £270!!

nealglover
    Free Member

… It’s a fan heater …

Didn’t see a fan on the one I looked at 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Alien technology innit.

project
    Free Member

a rather expensive heat realignment and distribution system, produceing many pounds for multi millionaire dyson, and his foreign workforces.

BoardinBob

“It’s a fan heater for £270!!”

how much did your pushbike cost?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scott Scale SLS
    WT actual F?
    It’s a fan heater bike for £270nearly £9k!!

😉

Project, who made the pooter you’re on at the moment? 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Project, who made the pooter you’re on at the moment?

Aliens.

Jamie
    Free Member

..and his foreign workforces.

What you got against foreigners? You’re not one of those racists my mum warned me about, are you?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If you put your hand through the middle will it burn, that’s what I would like to know?

I find the humming of a fan heater quite comforting too, . . . so at that price, and considering my misgivings, . . .i’m out i’m afraid.

Kryton57

BoardinBob – Member
    “It’s a fan heater for £270!!”

Think of the ‘leccy you’ll save…

mt
    Free Member

The fan is in the base, It works on a venturi principal. Old technology well designed and marketed, like much of the Dyson products none of the principals are new. Everything he has designed is being used and made everyday in industry. The Apple of the household appliance world.

amt27
    Free Member

It works on a venturi principal.

incorrect

The Coand? Effect

nealglover
    Free Member

It works on a venturi principal.

incorrect
    The Coand? Effect

Incorrect.

Both Venturi and Coanda 😉

maccruiskeen

Only £135 per principle then – bargain 🙂

Personally I can’t get upset about the prices of things I don’t want to buy

amt27
    Free Member

Both Venturi and Coanda

explain pls

molgrips
    Free Member

Everything he has designed is being used and made everyday in industry.

Right, and you wouldn’t want a huge industrial vacuum system installed in your garden and piped around your house, would you? That’s where Dyson comes in.

Something doesn’t have to be an original principle to be a good idea, does it? Apparently, bikes were being made years before Orange came along and started trying to flog expensive ones…

nealglover
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

Well over 1000 patents and around £1,000,000 a week spent on R&D. Apparently nothing original, though 🙄

wrightyson
    Free Member

It does come with a remote though.

bencooper
    Free Member

If you put your hand through the middle will it burn, that’s what I would like to know?

Worse than that – if you put your hand through from the back, it pulls your fingernails off.

maccruiskeen

It does come with a remote though.

no but you can have it monogrammed (so long as your initials are A.M.)

justatheory
    Free Member

If his vacuums and hand driers are anything to go by, I bet it’s good.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Worse than that – if you put your hand through from the back, it pulls your fingernails off.

Forget the chocolate fountain, . . . this will go down a storm at any good kids party!

bencooper
    Free Member

Father-in-law has a couple – it’s fun to throw ping pong balls into the back.

scaredypants

Incorrect.
    Both Venturi and Coanda

and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope ?

footflaps

and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope ?

😉

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Worth every penny, miles cheaper than running central heating in my house. And really quick to heat a room. You will recoup,the purchase price fairly sharpish, mine paid for itself in about 9 months.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dyson has done a wonderful PR job. The vacuum cleaners are rubbish, worse than a £100 Henry.

As for the comparison of Dyson with Apple above I couldn’t agree less.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I don’t know why. Both are style over substance.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Father-in-law has a couple – it’s fun to throw ping pong balls into the back.

Genuine LOLs at that one! 🙂

Worth every penny, miles cheaper than running central heating in my house. And really quick to heat a room. You will recoup,the purchase price fairly sharpish, mine paid for itself in about 9 months.

Think how much quicker a decent jumper and some fluffy slippers would have paid for them selves. 😉

GrahamS

like much of the Dyson products none of the principals are new.

I demand that he reinvents physics and thermodynamics for his next product!
    Using existing principals is just lame.

The vacuum cleaners are rubbish, worse than a £100 Henry.

This is not true. Henrys are great, but really pretty basic compared to a Dyson.

zippykona

How much cheaper are they to run then?

Blackhound

Like zippykona and am interested on running costs. Comparison to an electric fire or gch.

DrP

Must be cheaper than £270, surely…..

DrP

cheers_drive

justatheory – Member
    If his vacuums and hand driers are anything to go by, I bet it’s good.

You do realise that JD has thousands of minions engineers designing new stuff for him.
    Dyson PR is very good at using him as a figure head.

The Dyson Hot may project the air into the room better but in principle it is no different to any other fan heater so I cant see how it would be more efficient, especially compared to CH.
    The USP of Dyson air multiplier fans are the looks and that they are easy to clear. For cooling fans that makes a great deal of sense in a hot country where cooling fans are used all day so a nice looking one is important as it is a always on show. Can’t see the point for an occasional use heater.

freddyg
    Free Member

You do realise that JD has thousands of minions engineers designing new stuff for him.

Not sure of your point. I don’t think Mr Branson dons a cap and gets into the cab of his Virgin trains, do you?

maccruiskeen

Must be cheaper than £270, surely…..

you’d hope – the smallest gas space heater I’ve had cost over 150 spots. Used 9-5 it would get through£80 – £100 worth of bottled gas a week. A big one can empty a 45kg/£75 bottle in less than a day. The bottles cost money to hire too so they cost you money even if everything is switched off. Only used mine on and off over a 2 year period but it packed up having only managed to empty less than four 45kg bottles. I took it apart to salvage some fittings to make a Rubens Tube and they are made of garbage. I have to say if you use those gas heaters as a benchmark the Dyson suddenly looks like astounding good value

DrP

That told me 😳
    Plus, the tendency for my lad to sit close to our current heater would probably end up with his face melting in a ball of flames….

DrP

cheers_drive

Not sure of your point. I don’t think Mr Branson dons a cap and gets into the cab of his Virgin trains, do you?

I don’t think anyone expects that Branson does anything at the coal face with Virgin but many people do think that James Dyson invents everything that comes from Dyson.

nickjb
    Free Member

many people do think that James Dyson invents everything that comes from Dyson.

He’s pretty hands on. He actually quit as head of the company to be more involved with the development. Of course he doesn’t come up with all the new ideas but he will have some involvement. He is good for their marketing, though, much like Jobs at Apple.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Dyson hot. Really?’ is closed to new replies.