Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Dynaplug tubeless repair kit
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anyone got or used one? like the idea of the size of it (fit in my fanny pack 😆 )

does it work as described, and also what sort of size does it repair upto?? as they look quite thin strips?

cheers

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

or any other tubless plug system? like the samurai sword one?

simondbarnes

The weldtite one has worked well for me both times I’ve used it. Reasonably large holes both times from rock strikes.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

was looking for something all in one type thing, that box is quite big (well for my limited space in pack)

dynaplug looks spot on but cant see it anywhere in the UK for sale sadly 🙁

STATO
    Free Member

Erm, take it the weldtite one out the box then? The strips are in between plastic so I just carry the strips and applicator in a tiny plastic bag. The applicator is mini screwdriver size, shorter than the dynaplug by the looks of it, and as you thread the strip through it you actually double the width when you poke it in the whole.

kilo

You can buy the dynaplug on Amazon, having seen your op I’ve just ordered one

downhilldave
    AlexSimon

The standard spikes look a bit vicious. They are designed to stay in there correct?
    I know you can get rounded end versions separately – they seem more sensible providing you can insert them.

Milkie
    Free Member

The Sahmurai Sword fits inside your handlebars taking up even less room 😉

teethgrinder

Just bought and used a Genuine Innovations one from the local Giant store to plug a persistent hole in a Magic Mary. Will see how it does in the long run, but only used half a worm.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the idea of the samurai one is great if you can fit them in the bars? if not then you’ve got sharp things sticking out of pockets etc which may not be the best idea ever (If you don’t ride with a big back pack)

cheers for the amazon link, hadn’t seen that and cheaper than importing from the US, still pricey at 40 quid, but looks like it will do the trick and last a while as it comes with 5 plugs, and ive only had 2 punctures in the last 4-5 years running tubeless (last night had one that’s made me want a solution should it happen again)

ajantom

Seriously though, the Weldtite kit is a fiver, works really well, and the box is only about 10cm x 6cm x 2cm. I use a lumbar/bum bag, and it just sits in the bottom of that. But if you’d rather pay £40 then go ahead!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

10x 6 x 2 is too big with the other stuff I have in, theres no chance it will fit! ive looked at it already thanks, I’m not having bits loose in the bag either as those ‘dog turds’ are sticky

I like the simplicity of the dynaplug, theres no glue or anything else involved it just a little bullet that will easily fit inside anything I use

teethgrinder

Put it in a normal puncture repair kit box?

Kahurangi

The man wears a fanny pack, he can’t be reasoned with.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

😆

STATO
    Free Member

10x 6 x 2 is too big with the other stuff I have in, theres no chance it will fit! ive looked at it already thanks, I’m not having bits loose in the bag either as those ‘dog turds’ are sticky

STATO – Member; Erm, take it the weldtite one out the box then? The strips are in between plastic so I just carry the strips and applicator in a tiny plastic bag.

Infact the ‘dog turds’ are packaged exactly the same as the samurai sword ones in that pic above.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

does the weldtite one work in the same way though? the vid’s ive seen of samurai look simple

the weldtite kit, has glue, two prongs and other stuff, is it easy and quick to use?

ajantom

Yes, it is exactly the same system, just not packed in a ‘trendy’ way.
    The glue is optional, just helps the rubber bit stick, though they are pretty sticky anyway.
    The other little tool is a small file type object that you can use to clean out/enlarge the hole if needed. It also includes a little knife/razor to cut off any excess.
    You could literally take out the prong and the anchovies, put them in a smaller case/box, and you’d be good to go.

The other kits are very much a case of style over substance – you’re paying for the concept, not any improvement in the actual functionality.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for info ajantom – id get the anchovy/turd pipe ready in the prong thing, ready to go and use save trying to feed it through in the cold/wet (should it happen at winter etc)

just want something I can plug in, and go, no faff, no glueing etc… simple like the dynaplug ones, but if its doable on a budget and works the same that’s good enough for me

STATO
    Free Member

Yup, exactly the same.

Id say for speed the Samurai sword is the one to have, as there is a slim chance you could fix a big hole before you’ve lost the air. With any others your having to fish around to find it all while air is rushing out the tyre, likely though that unless your on the clock (enduro!!!%$%!!) then 9 times out of 10 you’ll need to add more air anyway so speed of the system is not really a benefit.

scaled
    Free Member

Weldtite kit here.

You can thread a worm through the eye of the tool before you need it and just wrap it back in the plastic and you’re good to go. The glue is very much optional.

Adding air/not is pretty much dependent on how fast you find the hole

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers, yep gonna get a weldtite one, ill just take out a few strips and the plug thing with one in already (wrapped up)

times not an issue(not racing etc), and pumping it back up is easy enough if its deflating to fast (plug it with something else whilst I get some air in to do the repair)

hopefully ill not need it, but be good to try next time rather than a sealant filled tyre putting a tyre back on (and faff)

thanks for the info, cant really justify the dynaplug one, its neat and looks very easy to use, but its too expensive, if it was around 20 quid id snap one up

adsh
    Free Member

pumping it back up is easy enough if its deflating to fast

Until the tyre pops off the bead – then you’re in a world of hurt!

Take care the little strips/turds don’t go off. I spent about 5minutes peeling the plastic off on Saturday – well stuck. Then the larger ones I had didn’t fit in the tyre hole. When I finally got it in the puncture was sorted instantly.

scaredypants

just googled dynaplug & fouind things with shaped “brass” head – are they for bikes or is there another product too ?

I’d like a baby version of that for road tubeless. They (well, Schwalbe pro ones more than most) seem to just spit out the normal rubber strips when pressured up

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Any links to the preferred weldtite kit?

downhilldave
    damascus
    Free Member

I use the weldtite kit and I’ve been very impressed with it, especially for the cost. It’s a shame the file and the prong aren’t reversible with one handle to make the kit smaller.

AlexSimon

Chop the anchovies in half with the weldtite kit – still plenty long enough.
    It I was trying to keep it simple and light, I would just take the insertion tool with a pre-threaded anchovy in it. Wrapped in plastic.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Dynaplug tubeless repair kit’ is closed to new replies.