Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Dynamo (magician)
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Anyone else seen him? What are other peoples views on it?

I was him for the first time tonight, pretty speechless at most of the stuff he was doing. Throwing a phone in a bottle for example 😯 .

Maybe some people are just born that way. You’d still have to see it to believe it i suppose.

Haze

Not seem him, but a few years ago I was on a stag night when a guy called Sav was there.

Did some pretty amazing card tricks, can’t honestly begin to think how he made them happen. Moving cards around that weren’t anywhere near him etc.

fisha
    Free Member

I reckon the card stuff has to be with super thin string to pull them about.

The bottle stuff is amazing tho

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Oops i meant *watched* him for the first time tonight. Stupid lack of editing options 😡 .

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I worked with him a couple of years ago. I’m not a fan of magic acts Daniels, Brown et all. But seeing him do it – close as in as close as half a foot away made my brain hurt. It couldn’t compute how he was able to do
    the things he could, it appeared to have broken the laws of physics. Nice guy too. quite shy. lIked him.

warton
    Free Member

saw him last night for the first time. Very impressed. That trick he did with Scott Mills was amazing. I have to think though, surely there comes a point where the other people are in on it, so they know whats going on, but just act surprised?

maxray
    Free Member

last nights was the least convincing episode so far for me. Been really impressed up to then

Nobby

He’d certainly blitz his weight division if he entered every weightlifting category in t’Olympics.

toby1

You know it’s all illusions and slight of hand and stuff, but you’ve got to respect his ability and skills, he has some tricks that seem a little obvious, the dollar in the coke can … but the guessing thoughts from people’s eyes, that is good, especially when he told the girl she had changed her mind and then declared both the original and final choices she made, he’s increditbly good at reading people.

As for the Mills show trick, if you ever listen to Becky on there she can’t act, she’s too daft, she’d give it away if she was in on the secret.

soma_rich
    Free Member

My other half will not watch it with me as I can work out how hes doing half his tricks. The one where he goes through the glass window in that footballers gallery was blatantly obvious IMO.

organic355
    Free Member

is it this guy?

warton
    Free Member

soma, the window one is blatant. how does he do the scott mills one then?

Drac

My Dad was on about this guy, now my Dad is a sceptic and also a rather intelligent chap, I’m not saying he believes the guy is doing these tricks for real but he was bigging him up some what. I’ve just Googled that window trick, really is that it? That’s like some sort of parlour trick. Mind he’s clever in using the crowds reactions, who many weren’t paying much attention, to fuel the illusion.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZpdAxG2FNQ&feature=related[/video]

warton
    Free Member

Drac, the window ‘trick’ is the worst of them all.

this is the scott mills trick

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZEwHt99q10[/video]

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

My other half will not watch it with me as I can work out how hes doing half his tricks. The one where he goes through the glass window in that footballers gallery was blatantly obvious IMO

How’s the window done then Soma??

I’ve got my own ideas on the Matrix style move, big magnet, steel plate in shoe and strong abs.

Its all pretend but still very entertaining and having seen close up card tricks it does make your head hurt, I once had a guy get me sign a card at a charity event, shuffled the pack and it disappeared; left the dinner 3 hours later and it was behind the wiper on my car…..keys were in my wifes bag and he never asked me what I drove

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I just saw the the phone trick slowed down but how did he know what phone the guy was going to have and how did it ring when his number was dialled in?

Drac

.keys were in my wifes bag and he never asked me what I drove

Really honestly, no wonder you can’t work out the window trick.

warton
    Free Member

Ben, hes not walking through glass, he’s not making a phone go through glass, its all slight of hand and illusion. re the window trick, watch how the secuirty guy on the right moves towards the guy on the left at just the right time, to cover up that gap.

re the phone trick, how is the phone the same? he would of asked a lot of people to do that trick, looking for one that had the same phone, he would then switch phones, got a stooge (probably) to put the phone in the fake bottle and hand it back to him.

Jamie
    Free Member

So it’s less magic and more logistics?

Drac

Mills isn’t the best of actors is he.

warton
    Free Member

thats what I’m saying Drac, someone must be in on it, which pretty much makes it pointless

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Really honestly, no wonder you can’t work out the window trick

Whats the explaination then Drac?

As for the glass someone is going to have to spell it out to me as a security guy moving slightly doesn’t explain him being on the otherside.

With so much knowledge on this site how come he’s on telly and getting ladies day and night and you lot are using your lunch hours to discuss it?

Drac

Whats the explaination then Drac?

He watched you park your car up and then picked you out during the show.

As for the glass some is going to have to spell it out to me as a security guy moving slightly doesn’t explain him being on the otherside.

Dynamo crawled out through the door.

warton
    Free Member

Ben, don’t get me wrong, to be a good magician takes years and years of dedication and hard work. and Dynamo is very very good EDIT: especially his close up stuff. but going back to the window, the doormen are standing in front of a door, next to the window. I imagine it involves him going out of that?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

re. the phone trick. The first vid I saw on You Tube showed that he has “connections” with Nokia. I don’t know whether he is sponsored or has just done advertisements for them, but I expect it is not too hard to find someone with the same Nokia phone as the one you have already in a bottle.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Killjoys the lot of you!!

Drac

Killjoys the lot of you!!

Well you did ask.

Klunk
    Free Member

would you prefer to believe it’s “real” magic ? 😕

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

that said I just rewatched the ‘through the window’ clip and I can’t see that door moving so its still magic to me

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

would you prefer to believe it’s “real” magic ?

I know it’s all BS but given that most thing nowadays are decoconstructed and knocked down as soon as they arrive isn’t it nice to have a bit of light relief?
    I enjoy the suprise off his tricks, I enjoy the performance but I guess this forum is generally populated by grumpy old men so it would be out of character just to enjoy it for what it is

Drac

I enjoy the suprise off his tricks, I enjoy the performance but I guess this forum is generally populated by grumpy old men so it would be out of character just to enjoy it for what it is

A very poor illusion, no sorry can’t enjoy that.

that said I just rewatched the ‘through the window’ clip and I can’t see that door moving so its still magic to me

The door is open.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Drac, the door is not open, you can see the frame.

As for you not enjoying it, what would excite you?

Drac

Drac, the door is not open, you can see the frame.

You need to look harder.

As for you not enjoying it, what would excite you?

Wahey! I’ve pulled.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m just not seeing it, I know he’s a skinny guy but there’s no gaps that I can see.

As for you pulling…………what’s your number xx

Drac

As for you pulling…………what’s your number xx

Check your car windscreen.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

you smoothy!

Houns

Also the walking across the Thames…He is walking in a very straight line towards a small boat

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Dynamo (magician)’ is closed to new replies.