Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro …… the proper one
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

It was this time last year the utter balls up at stuweb made the entry process so laborious, is there any sign of this year’s entry bring opened.

All the site says is that the event is on 29th / 30th April.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Last thing on their facebook page is recent issues with entries for the Fox Antifreeze. I’d quite like to do the Dyfi again this year, maybe it will be sunny 🙂

chorlton
    Free Member

Wondered if there’d be a thread on this.
    I keep checking their site as well, but no more info so far.
    Didn’t mind the website trouble as that’s how I got in.
    After my explosion last year, I’m desperate for a finishers mug after breaking my ’06 and ’08 ones.
    🙁

dti

entries open on the 12th

snownrock

I don’t know why people stress so much, in the weeks running upto the dyfi there are numerous posts selling places in the classifieds.

Rubber_Buccaneer

and I bought one of them last year. If I remember correctly the entries sold out fast partly because the event is very popular but also because the Stuweb entry system was a bit of a disaster that led to a lot of people buying twice and ending up with more tickets than they wanted

greyspoke
    Free Member

Details now up – some interesting stuff there
    http://www.dyfievents.com/events/dyfi-enduro/
    They are using EventBrite for entries to avoid hold-ups.

kimbers

^^^^^

Oops! That page can’t be found.

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?

Search for:
    Search
    Subscribe or follow us to get the latest event news

greyspoke
    Free Member

That pop-up window unhelpfully pre-loading the link window with “http:” is responsible, just paste the display text of the link and you will get there

snownrock

I hope the £20 camping charge means they might clean the sheep shit out of the field…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thought that was rather over the top for camping in a field with no facilities

welshfarmer

Depends if it is only one night. I would be looking at £4 per vehicle and £3 per person per night at a minimum. So £20 represents 2 nights for 2 people and a car. That will assume portaloos/other options provided and the fact that the field may need to be reseeded, harrowed and rolled afterwards if the weather is bad. Should also not be used for 3-4 weeks beforehand for the very reason you mention (sheep muck) so cost of lost grazing is also included…..

snownrock

Should also not be used for 3-4 weeks beforehand for the very reason you mention (sheep muck) so cost of lost grazing is also included…..

I think it must be cleared on the Thursday at best, trying to keep two toddlers out of it last year was fun

hydrophil
    Free Member

Seems like the Dyfi is heading into Sportive territory – £35 + £2.26 booking fee? Never had a problem entering the Dyfi over the years; got a place every time so dont see what all the fuss is about, but heading for £40 for a ride and now the camping isnt free either.

dyls

Seems like it still hasnt sold out yet. Im assuming its down to the fact they are taking double the entries this year as they have the small and normal length event.

I was aiming to do this until i broke my collarbone!

steve_b77
    Free Member

dyls – Member
    Seems like it still hasnt sold out yet. Im assuming its down to the fact they are taking double the entries this year as they have the small and normal length event.

I was aiming to do this until i broke my collarbone!

It could well fall on it’s ar$e if they push too hard for money

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro …… the proper one’ is closed to new replies.