Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro – another cracking event
  • fbk
    Free Member

After a 3 year absence I’ve just got back from riding the dyfi again – what a cracking event it is. Great atmosphere, good banter on the climbs, superb descents as ever and friendly marshalls too! The perfect weather helped of course.

I was riding with a group this year so took it pretty easy on the climbs, concentrating more on the DH, although my over the bars crash on the rocks seemed to impress more people than any riding prowess 🙂

Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers. Respect to the guy on the cross bike too!

Anyone know how the guy who was airlifted out is?

dyls

Yes a cracking event with friendly people as well.

I had my fair share of mechanicals/punctures today but still enjoyed it, especially the descents.

Not sure what happened to the person but on of the Marshalls was telling us to take care on the descents as somebody had been hurt on one of them and the air ambulance/helicopter was on its way.

zokes
    Free Member

Yeah, great day, if somewhat tiring! I helped stretcher a guy up from the descent after the 2nd visit to the farm. Hope he’s OK, he looked quite bad, but he was taken to an ambulance, as opposed to the helevac. Would be good to hear that he’s ok!

postierich
    Free Member

Great site and set up (Camp Serene)
    Rip off food/beer price though! 😕
    Marshalls,band,cheerleaders,monkey man,feed station helpers all superb
    Great climbs and downhills including the slipping and sliding in the mud
    2 punctures and one swollen knee due to the never ending climb(extra loop)
    Mind numbing ride back 🙁
    Excellant job Dyfi people will be back next year!

Rich

cxi
    Free Member

Monkey Man looked bored out of his skull by the time we got to him!

chvck
    Free Member

Yeah, had an amazing day, beautiful weather too! A big thanks to the two guys who took the time to help me out after I snapped one of my pedros tyre levers rendering me incapable of removing my tyre!

PJ266
    Free Member

Fan-bloody-tastic!!! enjoyed it immensely (the downhills anyway, dont think ive ever hit some of those descents quicker :D)

yetirose
    Free Member

Just like to say thanks to the organisers for putting on an exellent event , really enjoyed it ,
    My only gripe is that the food portions needed to be bigger ,( yes i do need to lose weight, but on my terms)
    Cheers to all the marshals , cheer leaders and the band ,
    and i wish the guy who was injured a speedy recovery .

cheers Rosie .

frazjones

we heard from injured riders mate Mark,that the injured rider (also mark) was going to be discharged from hospital this evening,and that he was sore but ok.the main worry at the time was concussion. Hope you feel better soon chap.thanks to everyone that entered this year & to all our marshalls and supporters . the best ever dyfi in my view. well done to all.

emac65
    Free Member

Yep another great Dyfi & great weather too.Just wish I’d been in a bit better nick(over half an hour slower than last year)to enjoy it more…

Monkey man was probably rather warm in that suit 😉

roach

Yeah, great event summed up by excellent descents and some never ending climbs! Don’t think I made the first 200 but glad cause I was pretty fcked towards the end.

I didn’t like that Cafe Seren much either mainly because one of the girls tried to short change me with £20 note before the ride, so I thought no worries, easy mistake. Then the same thing happened with another £20 to my missus while I was riding! 👿 Hmmm.

Anybody hear my 3 yr old son balling his eyes out at the start? Came up to the event to see me off then decided he REALLY didn’t want me to ride! 😕 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Just got back now. Stopped over the night to enjoy a few cold ones in Cafe Seren last night.

My first Dyfi so nothing to compare it to but had an excellent time even if I was bringing up the rear and had a couple of loops closed on us. We still did 50K to the forest finish though so didn’t miss much.

Mental descents covered in mud after 700 odd riders had been over them in front. LONG yet sustainable climbs (except that bloody technical climb which went on forever. Walk city).

Thanks to all involved. Hopefully fitness will allow me to finish in the bunch next year.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

roach, think I saw him, was he on his own bike? I thought “thats exactly how I feel mate!” but had a great day anyway, even if it was nearly 6 hours. Must get fit for hills. Absolutely loved the descents though, hairy but fun.

martyntr
    Free Member

My 4th Dyfi in a row and even though it was the muddiest I still enjoyed it again. The final climb was littered with people cramping, stretching and stopping for a rest… this truely is a tough enduro, with no time for resting

Well done to Joe, Fraz, Tegid and all who help to make this the best enduro event I take part in every year..

bland

Well that was great, utterly pooped by the end and as i hadnt done it before my tip to myself was next time dont run an old 8spd groupset with a 35-28 as your granny gear!

Otherwise the descents were ace, i was overtaken by loads on the climbs but managed to strive off anyone overtaking me on the downhills which pleased me. Hope all those that grabbed too much front brake on the descents and crashed are ok, there were quite a few that i alone saw.

And why is it that you ride hell for leather downhill all day, but only come off once and its doing one mph in teh biggest pile of wet mud on the course (the very of of the muddy descent, sideways into teh huge puddle!)

Props to the organisers too, great day!

martyntr
    Free Member

Does anyone know how the person with Snow tyres on faired ? Those babies were a sight for sore eyes..

MikeWW
    Free Member

First Dyfi for me and my son
    Had a fantastic time absolutely brilliant event
    We both did it on rigid single speeds which added to the fun. Had a puncture early on and lost him so was a bit gob smacked to find he finished 30th overall

Aidan
    Free Member

That was me on the snow tyres. I don’t know what place I finished, but I think I took about 3.5 hours.

TBH, it’s more fun with clipless pedals, a suspension fork, and normal tyres. But the clown bike did have novelty value and being resigned to a slower time this year I wasn’t half as beaten up at the end.

And I bet no-one else had Nick Craig wanting to try their bike after the race 🙂

shinsplints

Brilliant day – up the Dysynni boys !

Topped off with a few beers in Mach last night.The locals were restless 😆

tankslapper
    Free Member

Aidan

Was that you on that you on the Surly Pugsley snow bike thing?

😮

Had a great event, although it gotta be said the Cotic Soul was on the limit on the descents

Spotted a bloke on a FIXED SS (On One Pompino?) Karazzzzy!

Doug
    Free Member

I swear I was getting sucked along by the air pocket created by those tyres on the lane up to the first climb.

orena45

Just got back myself after my first Dyfi. Had a great time and loved the descents, although did have a couple of embarassing over-the-bars incidents! 😳 Also loving the music in Cafe Serene…not sure about Ren & Stimpy in the movie tent last night tho!

Only downside…all that mud has taken it’s toll on my 2 week old bottom bracket so gonna have to get another one 🙁

Surfr
    Free Member

Yeh I was really looking forward to a night on the beanbags watching MTB films. What happened with that?

AdamT

I was riding along with Aidan on his pug near the start. It was quite funny hearing the many comments about his bike on the road section. As usual, he royally kicked my ar$e on that ride. I don’t want to even think how much faster he’d have been on his more sensible bike. As usual, great event. Did it have more riders this year? It was pretty impressive seeing everyone on the road roll-out.

flatwarwick
    Free Member

My first Dyfi and thought it was excellent! Tougher then i expected to be honest. It may be shorter than events like the Brecon Beast but it was far more demanding both up and down! I’ll say sorry now for holding people up on the descents. I was was proper mincing for some reason 🙁

Doug
    Free Member

A massive thanks to ‘The Holey Trail’ for the use of a QR 20mm axle for my Zocchies.

I thought I wasnt riding after forgetting to put mine in the car but a longshot trip to the bike shop paid off.

shinsplints

Anyone else fall a little bit in love with the girl at the feed station that was on the Hi 5/water stand ? 😥

AIfonzo
    Free Member

Haha i would have taken a good 15 minutes off my race time if it wasnt for that hotie serving the water…. ahh well it was worth the sacrifice.

shinsplints

She was awesome.

richpips
    Free Member

And I bet no-one else had Nick Craig wanting to try their bike after the race

He wanted a ride on mine, then kindly took it home for me, and best of all when I popped round for it earlier, he’d washed it. What a star.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Yeah Roach I was right by your son, poor little chap wanted his Daddy, First Dyfi said it was my last, i have now changed my mind..somehow forgotten all the pain. Think I will just to the start though so I can knobble those xc whippets who like to push in while waiting for the roll out. 😉

roach

Tracker1972 – Yeah that was him on his scoot along bike.

flippinheckler – Yeah, don’t think he has cried so much since we’ve had him 🙂

Funny how the you seem to forget the memories of the pain. Wonder what logic there is in that.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Think I will keep reminding myself of the Grassy moor section and that mudfest section when my cranks jammed because of the 2lb’s of mud I picked up, maybe that will prevent me from entering another silly enduro event.

Kahurangi

1st time here.

Fab.

Gutted that some beardys on singlespeed clown bikes (29ers) got away from me.

Sore now.

frazjones

Huge respect to Danny local rider who fell off on the lead out of town,he broke his arm but completed the event !! he numbed the effect with alcohol last night.We have a Dyfi enduro facebook page and will have some pics up later in the week.and shinsplints/alfonzo you letchers thats my daughter your talking about !

martyntr
    Free Member

you letchers thats my daughter your talking about

LMFAO…… I just wanted to give her a High5, as that’s all I heard her keep saying 😉

That’ll teach em 😕 😉

whytetrash

sorry if my creaky E5 saddle got on anybodies tits…good news was the mud lubed it nicely and it “behaved” from then on, great event, I also flew over the bars at one point and landed on some rocks great gouges out of my butt cheeks…how do I explain that to the mrs?

Olly
    Free Member

3rd dyfi, 1st full loop version 🙂
    no offs
    no punctures
    no mechanicals
    bit gutted ive got no wounds to pick at!

A lot of people were caning it past people/mincers without a word or waiting for a clear point to pass.
    I heard a few “rider”s, which is as useful as a chocolate teapot, and just worries the victim.

more “passing on your left/right”s please!

i saw ure little lad Roach, he wasnt a happy bunny, poor tyke. worried about his old man!

anyone here own up to the toddler who “wanted his kite” at 3am and thought the best way to go about it was some BLATENTLY faked VERY loud “tears”?
    ho hum, i wouldnt want the challenge of raising one just yet.

loving the cafe seren here too, cracking setup, and having bought my own booze and food didnt get stung. (but i think the prices looked ok for the post race food?)

most importantly…. 364 days to go!

charliemort

fugg me that was hard work………….. started way back which maybe wasn’t the best tactic for getting a clear run on the singletrack.Saw quite a few bodies, including the guy who got stretchered off – glad he’s okay. If I never see another fire foad it will be too soon. Have ridden a lot of that stuff on a motorbike, and wondered what it would be like on an MTB – now i know………….. ups were grim, downs were great but over too soon. Chronic spasms from about in my back from about mile 8 meant I did a fair amount of pushing to stretch – but didn’t seem to make much difference. Think time was a very average 4′ 45″

great atmosphere, brilliantly organised – but could we have some “along” as well as straight up and straight down?

Errrmmm ands yes I may be guilty of spending a bit longer in the feed station than was strictly necessary………..

singlespeedstu

Another thank you to the organisers from me.

One of the few events I look forward to each year.

The Merida team could learn a lot about course layout from Tegid and the rest of the crew. 😉

A nice steady ride round for me in a shade over three and a half hours. Plenty of banter on the way round with various different folks. Some of them on bikes even dafter than mine [caugh] Aidan [/caugh]

Great to be able to stop the night after the race and have a few beers too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro – another cracking event’ is closed to new replies.