Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • dyfi enduro
  • scaled
    Free Member

Was anyone else there?

4700ft of exclusively fireroad climbing has left me shagged today. I learnt that I can’t ride in mud and roots and that the top guys, up close and personal are Jedi or something like that. The speed they came through those woods, avoided not only the trail obstacles, but the 3 of us that were piled up in a variety of heaps on the floor without dabbing the brakes was insane, scary and bloody marvellous to watch.

I only got to ride the practice lap yesterday but did enough damage to myself (chest planted on a root) for that to probably be a good thing!

Cracking stages and completely out of my comfort zone.

Where do I go to learn how to ride a bike then?

cloudnine
    Free Member

You are slow aren’t you.. didnt most people finish back in May??

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dyfi-2014-2015

scaled
    Free Member

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ahh, the “n’duro dude” version, not the classic.

1400m of climbing and you’re done, oh dear

tymbian
    Free Member

@ scaled..don’t worry about it. I entered the ardrock enduro, did the reccy lap ( 40 kms, 5500+ ft of climbing) on the Saturday pulled a muscle half way round and couldn’t make the Sunday event. Being honest I couldn’t of managed the Sunday…Saturday finished me. The timed downhill stages were fine but the climbing was hardest thing I ever done.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

You are slow aren’t you.. didnt most people finish back in May??

😆 😆

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I had a great couple of days …….marshalling at the start of stage 3, that ‘orrible steep muddy chute that drops you onto the Climachx final descent.

Top place to watch some quality mincing, some seriously skilful riders, and one or two decent crashes.

kimbers

Yeah was a great weekend, quite stiff and tired now, pleased with my 71st in masters but sooo much room for improvement

dont worry this dyfi enduro is tougher than the other dyfi enduro!

good mix of trails and some fast stages with some nice technical stuff thrown in, even the pros were having a tough time
    Al stock getting loose……

watching Dan Atherton was a lesson in riding though

scaled
    Free Member

Ok, seems that the shagged feeling was the 2 broken ribs and the cartilage at the bottom of my sternum hanging off.

Still a bloody good day out 😀

dazh

You should do the May one instead. Several reasons:

1. It’s always sunny
    2. There’s a bar with music & bands (both at the campsite and on the ride)
    3. It’s cheaper
    4. Pretty much the same downhills but it’s de rigeur to do it on a 29″ hardtail.
    5. More uphills.
    6. There’s a bar
    7. Did I mention the bar?

The dyfi forest is great. Loads of hidden off-piste trails which can be combined with the climachx. Ridden it loads both in the May enduro and other times and never get bored of it. Never done the gravity enduro though. Bit too much rad-ness going on for my liking.

kimbers

Results on roots and rain no pics yet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘dyfi enduro’ is closed to new replies.