Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro
  • kimbers

who’s in?

I was umming and ahhhing, but stuff it, I dont mind a bit of wind, rain and mud for 70 long kilometres……….

its my first time too

dazh

I’m in. Going to a wedding the day before so should be suitably hungover.

Wind? Rain?

poisonspider
    Free Member

I’m in and when did it get extended to 70km? 😯

I thought it was 55km??

kimbers

hold on….

Including the ride on back lanes in and out of Machynlleth the total distances are 57 & 65km.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Phew!
    So I won’t be killing myself to make the 3pm cut off for the extended route!

rhid

I’m in.

Sorry its my fault that its going to be a wet windy day as only last week I commented that “I have always been lucky with the weather on Dyfi race day…..”

poisonspider
    Free Member

rhid – Member
    I’m in.

Sorry its my fault that its going to be a wet windy day as only last week I commented that “I have always been lucky with the weather on Dyfi race day…..”

Curse you!!

nuke

In. First time as well…was looking forward to it but, going on the current weather forecast, my enthusiasm has dipped

kristoff
    Free Member

I’m in, first time also. I shall be aiming for a steady plod around and definitely won’t be making the pre 3pm extended route!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve only missed 2 (the 3rd and 4th ones) in all the time its been running, but I won’t be going this year. Simply can’t face the 5 hour drive. Which is a shame because the words “World Cup Descent” make me giggle with anticipation.

That said, its never actually rained when I’ve done it, but I believe it did on the ones I’ve missed previously. Maybe I should come to bring the sunshine out for you all…

First one was amazing. No-one had ever run a “race” like that before and it blew me away. Favourite was the 10th anniversary: Royal Wedding long weekend, I rode Snowdon and a loop of the Berwyns on the friday and saturday, and it was the driest ever.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have a love/hate relationship with the endless fire road climbs and roving chicanes on the downhills of the Dyfi. 😉
    So I only ever do it on the even years.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

To get you in the mood, 6Music presently playing Bron-Y-Aur Stomp 🙂

dazh

roving chicanes on the downhills of the Dyfi

🙂 The world cup descent has a particularly difficult to negotiate example of this.

postierich
    Free Member

First year doing it with gears but with a hint of resistance!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/sowQX4]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

🙂

chvck
    Free Member

I’m in. If it pisses down then I’ll probably be trying to get round in sub 4 hours, otherwise a very sociable pace involving port 🙂

kimbers

Fotecast is looking a little better

superfli
    Free Member

I’m in. Going to Nant Yr Arian on Sat after our 5hr drive up 🙂
    My 3rd, and each time it scares me! It was my first that did the damage, I got cramp so bad 1/2 way round it destroyed me! 2nd time was a lot better. This time I will down a bottle of tonic water beforehand and got loads of anticramp tabs.

Them hills go on and on and on. Seeing folk on SS passing me on the hills at 40 odd km is very impressive 😯
    Not sure if the extension is worth it other than to do it. Its a rutty, muddy downhill which is tough to enjoy and the climb is another relentless job. I might just stay at the bar 🙂

Orange Cotic Soul 26″, QECP team top.

johnny

First time for me too, glad the weather is looking up. The only problem is I can’t find my hip flask…

Devinci Atlas 29er with white American Classic wheels, whatever top comes out of the bag first…

teamslug
    Free Member

virgin +1 here. Team Longsac tops on and 26″ wheels

teenrat

Forecast looks dry now for sunday, with only a few isolated showers. Will be wet from 3ish on saturday afternoon but clear early sunday morning. Rain then comes in again on monday.

rhid

It’ll be fine. It hardly ever rains in Machynlleth….

chipps

Fourteenth time(?) here. I’m pretty sure I’ve done it every year since the first one – had an assortment of bikes over the years, some with gears, some without. Huge hangovers and only light ones at other times.
    Not sure what bike, but I’ll be the one in the glasses who looks like Chipps, with the Singletrack top on (under my rainproof). Come and say hi as you zip past.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got the last two year’s mugs to add to the collection too, and somewhere got the baseball caps from the first two.

walla24
    Free Member

yes boys!

Sooo keen to get up there this year after grabbing a last minute ticket from the classifieds 😀

Hopefully the usual banterish/cheery atmosphere as always!

mcobie
    Free Member

This’ll be my 6th…really looking forward to it, but less so the 3 hour drive there and back on Sunday 😥 Oh, and doing the ride with borked forks…

I’ll be on the white Yeti ASR in TreadsCC kit.

emac65
    Free Member

Will be my 8th or 9th, have done it on a few different bikes – 26″, 29ers, rigid, SS, h/tails & Sussers. Although the first one I rode on a 35lb enduro was the worst, ever since then it’s been easy……………ish

PS, It’s known for punctures, although(& this is probably tempting fate) I’ve never had one when doing it….Did blow the tyre off the rim on a rigid 29er going down the world cup descent though, innertube wrapped around the fork & over the bars I went !

jezketley
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Riding Nant for the first time Saturday as warm up. The weather can do as it pleases. Should be a fun weekend.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I’m there for the second time!

Will be on a silver trance with plenty of purple hope parts.

Really looking forward to it. Should be a good day!

tacopowell
    Free Member

This will be my second Dyfi, this year I have done little to no training and looking a little out of shape,
    I don’t care, I now know what to excpect and will be enjoying myself, rain or shine!
    Mrstaco will be helping out at the feed station 2/3rds of the way round.
    Got bigger wheels and a dropper post this year too!
    No pride this year, pride only hurts, in the shape of an extra climb and a few more km’s!
    Not this year, get me to the Beer junction and I’m done!

Best of luck everyone, Enjoy!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup I’ll be there, 3rd one for me after missing last year.

styles
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare entry available if anyone is after one.

chrisdw
    Free Member

^^ Is this after noticing the weather forecast? 🙂
    Definitely less looking forward to it now its probably going to be a wet, chaff filled 57km

styles
    Free Member

No I’m still riding. Just one of my mates can’t make it. Weather does look a bit dodgy though

Kahurangi

You’re coming next year though. Me and EB will drive you.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Might *shock horror* pull my old crud catcher out from the back of the shed!

dazh

We’ll that was fun in a masochistic how wet and muddy is it possible to be kind of way. Probably the wettest and filthiest mountain bike ride I’ve ever done. Legs are trashed from the draggy and sodden fire roads. Enjoyed it much more than I thought I would at the start though.And I’ve still got grit coming out of my eyes.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Agree with this ^^^.

Great event. Climbing was tough and the weather made for a tough affair too but all in all a great day! Thanks to all marshals and supporters

Russell96

Thirded!

chrispo
    Free Member

Shocked to see so many cheating and taking the main road home. Had a nightmare getting past in the car. Must’ve added a good minute to my journey time. I wouldn’t have minded if you paid any road tax.

kimbers

top day out, nice chatting to everyone
    i really enjoyed some of the descents, was ona unit with 100mm forks and i thought i was smashing it like Aaron Gwin strava tells me otherwise,
    by the end my legs were shagged and i was glad to cross teh finish line
    and its not one my cold any favours, my eyes were weeping the whole drive back

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro’ is closed to new replies.