Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • DVO diamonds are now here
  • matther01
    Free Member

…at least mine are…but sat in the post office! 🙁 Picking them up tomorrow! Yay 🙂

Hope rockshox get the price right on the new pikes or DVO could take a decent part of the market.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

is the price of pikes not 50% less than the DVO already?

matther01
    Free Member

New pikes will be around £600 I reckon, but the DVO is adjustable between 140-160 with high speed compression…and if the damper needs a professional service, you take it out and post it at minimal postage cost.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

New pikes will be around £600 I reckon

yer retail, but who buys retail?

people will buy these because they are Green, nothing else,

matther01
    Free Member

Oh dear…I bought the black ones

dirtyrider
    Free Member

should have got pikes for half the price 😆

matther01
    Free Member

Got them for £130 less than RRP…so still happy! 🙂

pigyn
    Free Member

Pikes are £820 at RRP for 2016.

Fox 34’s are £750, Diamonds are £750, Fox 36 RC2s are £899 and Fox 36 Fit4 (same damper as the new 34’s) are £840.

jmatlock
    Free Member

In typical STW fashion. Bloke buys awesome new kit, people tell him he should have bought something he didn’t want to buy because they were cheaper.

Matther01 – I would love to see a pic of them once they are in place. What bike have you fitted them to?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what you on about? he questioned the pricing of Pikes, thats what i commented on

whatever the made up RRP of 2016 forks is, pikes will be £350ish same as this year,

people can buy what they want, ok? meh!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Bloke buys awesome new kit

who says its awesome? reviews?

I’ve had Fox 34’s/Pike RCT3/SID RCT3 in the last ooh 18 months and ill cannot tell the difference between them bar a little bit more travel in the first 2

jmatlock
    Free Member

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic.

matther01
    Free Member

If I could’ve bought 160mm 650b RCT3 new boxed with warranty for £350 then I probably would’ve.

Jmatlock…intended for a Stanton switchback at 140mm but will also try them at 160 on a Capra. Can also then tell how they are in comparison to the current pikes on the Capra too.

Not many big diameter forks at 140mm apart from BOS (expensive and non adjustable) and perhaps new X fusion roughcut (cheaper but no high speed comp)

matther01
    Free Member

Forgive me for trying something new and being excited about it! 🙂 I don’t get out much apart from biking…bloody kids!

jmatlock
    Free Member

I fully support your purchase Matther01.

I reckon they could be perfect on the Capra.

Reports from friends I know who have used/have them are very positive.

pigyn
    Free Member

The Diamonds look ace, I had a bounce on some and they seemed lovely, not ridden any yet though. Enjoy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I don’t get out much apart from biking…bloody kids!

If you’re throwing that one around, best not to throw it at dirtyrider! 😀

russyh
    Free Member

Please keep us updated with pics and a real life user review, interested in reading more about the dvo’s

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Dirtyrider, have you used the 2015 36 or any of the 2016 range?

If not, you need to as the difference between the Pike is massive!

The Pike is a good fork, but that new 2016 Float 34 Fit4 and DPS shock are in a different league. Only my opinion but i certainly wont be going back to rockshox unless they bring out something that beats the Fox.

gaz552
    Free Member

There is also the manitou mattac pro which is meant to be very nice.
    lots of good choices in the 160mm travel range now. It’s only at 170mm you are limited, Fox 36, BOS Deville or XFusion Metric.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I don’t get out much apart from biking…bloody kids!

If you’re throwing that one around, best not to throw it at dirtyrider!

8)

Dirtyrider, have you used the 2015 36 or any of the 2016 range?

no,

but my 1996 Marzocchi Bombers were better than my 2001 RS Psylos, my iirc 2001 cherry boxers were better than my 2005 boxxers, bunging the latest year in front of something doesn’t make them better

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic.

im not,

matther01
    Free Member

OK, not been able to fit them yet or test them…but the finish on the bottom of the lowers is a either very expensive or a bit cheap…in a hand painted sorted of way! I can see the brush strokes!! :/

godzilla
    Free Member

They look bad, got pics?

mcnultycop

No 26 option?

PJM1974
    Free Member

OP has bought new, boutique forks…should we be happy for him?

Hell yes!

Pictures, please.

bigrich

bikes are what you spend money on, innit.

hora
    Free Member

For the average rider part of the forks performance is perception. I.e what the marketing and mags tell you.. 😉

gardron
    Free Member

Well, I’m not the OP, but look what turned up today

They’re very….. green. Very green. I don’t think pictures accurately do the greenness justice.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

For the average rider part of the forks performance is perception. I.e what the marketing and mags tell you

and whether they managed to get em half price, or procrastinated and missed out 😉

jolmes
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does that steerer tube look quite short fresh out the box?

gardron
    Free Member

Is it just me, or does that steerer tube look quite short fresh out the box?

It’s not just you – it was cut to length by TFTuned (who I ordered them from) so it’s not a full-length one. It’s also been taken down to 150mm from 160mm if you’re really eagle-eyed.

And for fully offensive levels of colour, it’s going on a tennis yellow bronson.

jolmes
    Free Member

Ahh thats good then! Gonna need some pretty strong filters to photo that bike.

scruff
    Free Member

gardron- pics of your bike when they’re on please.

iolo
    Free Member

It’s also been taken down to 150mm from 160mm if you’re really eagle-eyed.

Does 10mm really make a difference ?(genuine question)

P-Jay
    Free Member

gardron – Member

Well, I’m not the OP, but look what turned up today

They’re very….. green. Very green. I don’t think pictures accurately do the greenness justice

Gawddam!

Anyone else chubbing up a bit?

hora
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see how they ride etc. Love seeing new entries into the suspension market 🙂

gardron
    Free Member

Does when you’re pointing uphill – the bronson can be a bit lifty off the front end even at 150 on really steep stuff so I’d rather not have them up any more than that.

I’ll take photos and do a proper review as I break them in – taking 8 days off taking in lots of welsh trail centres from tomorrow, so should get to know them pretty well pretty quickly – but one initial thing is they do have a small amount of top-out thunk. TFTuned kept them for an extra day and re-stripped them in order to try and cure it (it’s apparently a standard thing with these forks though) and did that by taking out the 10mm stop which’d normally go at the bottom of the stroke to reduce the travel to 150mm and adding a 10mm DHX bottom out bumper to the top of the stroke. Net effect is still a small amount of thunk but nothing major and they’re dropped to 150mm. This couldn’t be done on 160’s.

godzilla
    Free Member

Looking forward to hearing how these go, i should have a set waiting when I get back for my hols, I ordered black 8)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That green is Brutal, but interested in how they go!

honourablegeorge

gardron – Member
    Does when you’re pointing uphill – the bronson can be a bit lifty off the front end even at 150 on really steep stuff so I’d rather not have them up any more than that.

Long A2C on the Diamond too – a good 10-15mm longer than a new Fox 36

Edit – Sorry, only 6mm – 549.1 for a 160mm 36 versus 555 for the DVO, never mind me, was looking at the 29″ DVO

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘DVO diamonds are now here’ is closed to new replies.